May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, WBLDon, Jem Finch, 1 invisible), 871 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,400
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ed good #637353 11/09/23 02:27 PM
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

He is just asking a technical question,and you have asked the same question many times and brought to our collective attention the number of thin walled English guns on the market like you said buyer beware .30/90

ed good #637354 11/09/23 02:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No

ed good #637359 11/09/23 04:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a refresher Ed...

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=632008&page=1

That Tolley 20 bore went to a happy buyer in Alabama.

The Blanch 20 bore went to a high end dealer in Michigan.

Last edited by battle; 11/09/23 04:29 PM.
3 members like this: mc, bushveld, BrentD, Prof
ed good #637404 11/10/23 10:49 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well battle, as i expressed to you privately...

congrats on your sales...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #637497 11/12/23 09:55 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

anyway, this goes back about 50 years or so ago...so i will try to remember it as best i can...but pls dont fault me, if i dont get every little detail right...

it was early in the morning of a cool summer day, which means it was most likely late in august...me an ma was settled in an snoozin away, when all of a sudden...

ah hears this sound, that makes me think that ma might be catchin ah cold due to the cool weather an such...

but then ah realize that the snorin sound was comin from the outside, in the big oak in the back yard...

so ah throws open the sash...

and what to my wonder do i see, but...

the biggest damned owl ever...

ah mean like damn near three feet long, jes sittin there, with its fedders awl puffed up an awl...

well, now even ah knows that owls are vicious grouse killers that can wipe out ah whole flock of erm in a single night...

yah see...grouse like to roost in conifers...for you boys in se jawja, thems pine trees...

anyways, so what some times happens, is an owl swoops in silent an grabs ah sleepin bird, wid out disturbin the udders, an flys off silent, an then proceeds to eat just the brain, droppin the rest of the bird to the ground...

and then the murderin so an so, swoops in silent an grabs anudder sleepin bird an so on, an so on, until hes killed every damn one of erm...

once, when out bird huntin one frosty mornin in se ny state, i came upon ah scene of absolute horror...

there, scattered around a big norway spruce, were seven dead grouse...

all undisturbed, cept they were all dead an all missin their heads...

owls are sometimes called silent death for good reason...

so bein the good citizen an conservationist that i am, ah quickly reached under the bed an retrieved my trusty model 12, equipped with poychoke and drew ah bead on that murderin so an so...

an jes before i pulled the trigger...

hit looks me in the eye an mudders...

buenos dias, senor...

well, ah swan...

ah aint neva heared no bird, cept mebbe ah crow or ah parrot talk like that...

need less to say...

but ah will hit any hows...

ah was takin ah back...

an then bout this time ma wakes up an ax...

who you talkin to out the winder?...

so, what am i gonna say?..

so i tells the truth...

hit aint nobody, ah says to ma, jest sum damn owl tellin me to have ah nice day...

wid that she shakes her head an rolls over an goes back to sleep...

so, ah casually peeks out the winder agin...

an yep, you guessed hit...

hit was still there, big as brass...

an this time hit looks me straight into my eyes, like nuttin ah ever seen before...

an ah swear, hit was smilin...

course, you probaby askin, how can an owl smile?

well, ah dont rightly know needer...

nor do ah wanna know cause that aint the point o this story...

which i am yet to fully decide on any how...

to be continyaed...

Last edited by ed good; 11/12/23 09:03 PM.

ed good #638397 12/02/23 09:04 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well, the a&n 410 is sold. despite all of the negativity put forth by certain mal contents who inhabit this once fine forum...

fact is, buyer says he used to be a member here, but there are too many aholes here for him to participate anymore...sad, because he is a knowledgeable double gun hobbist who could add valuable knowledge to the double gun database found here...

and that is the real tragedy of the failure of some members here, who put their negative agenda ahead of the value of encouraging others to share their doublegon knowledge here...

the aholes are driving the good guys...away...

Last edited by ed good; 12/02/23 08:50 PM.

ed good #638399 12/02/23 09:40 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
well, the a&n 410 is sold. despite all of the negativity put forth by certain mal contents who inhabit this once fine forum...

fact is, buyer says he used to be a member here, but there are too many aholes here for him to participate anymore...sad, because he is a knowledgeable double gun hobbist who could add valuable knowledge to the double gun database found here...

and that is the real tragedy of the failure of some members here, who put their negative addenda ahead of the value of encouraging others to share their doublegon knowledge here...

the aholes are driving the good guys...away...

ed, listen to yourself once in a while.

too bad you screwed that guy, whomever he was.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

ed good #639118 12/14/23 02:18 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

follow up...

new owner of the holbrook 410 is very pleased with this fine gun...

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.