April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (CJF, Vol423, buckstix), 444 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#631906 06/22/23 08:20 PM
MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This year's event, the 25th Annual Vintage Gunners Cup, will be held September 7-9, 2023, at Warrington Sporting Clays in Wellsville, PA.

There are numerous area attractions for an extended trip or for non-shooting spouses/family members: National Civil War Museum, Gettysburg, Hershey Chocolate World and Park, Hershey Shopping Outlets, the capitol city of Harrisburg, Carlisle, Army Historical Education Center, Fly Fishing on the famous Yellow Breeches, The Appalachian Hiking Trail, Waggoner’s Gap Hawk Watch, Pinchot and Pine Grove Furnace State Parks, wineries, cider houses, golf courses,orchards, and much more!

The format will be similar to past Vintage Gunners Cups with shotgun side events on Thursday and Friday, and the main event on Saturday. Side events (hammerless and hammergun) will be held in all gauges from 10 through .410. In addition, other special events will include American Classics competitions, women's competitions, an 8-gauge challenge, the John Dickson & Son Round Action challenge and various side-games. There will be trappers on all stations this year.

For complete info, including pre-registration form and information on area accommodations, restaurants and attractions, visit the Vintage Gunners website at: https://vintagers.org/vintage-gunners-cup. Just scroll down to find the forms and vendor list and other information.

We'll have more updates on the Vintage Gunner website as the date approaches.

Here is the list of confirmed vendors and exhibitors as it stands now. We expect to add a few more.

Vintage Doubles
Robin Hollow Outfitters
Steve Barnett Fine Guns
Westley Richards
John Dickson and Son
Best Wingshooting
Geoffroy Gournet - Master Engraver
John Liberati Books
Hound and Hare
Stephen Cobb Quality Guns
Poulin Antiques & Auctions, Inc.
Morphy Auctions
Country Pursuits and Outfitters
Ermilio Clothiers
Woodcock Hill, Inc.
Thomas Bland & Sons Gunmakers Ltd.
Macnab Fine Shotguns & Accessories
John Allgood Sporting Arms
Dubarry of Ireland
A.H. Fox Collectors Association
L.C. Smith Collectors Association
Parker Gun Collectors Association
Lefever Arms Collectors Association
German Gun Collectors Association
American Custom Gunmakers Guild
Chris Batha
The Leatherman Traditional Leather Goods, Inc.
Heritage Guns
Feathers Fly
Leather Link Studio
Ruffed Grouse Society | American Woodcock Society
Delaney & Sons

Please come out and join us for the 25th Vintage Gunners Cup. It's going to be a great event and lots of fun!

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
2 members like this: campero, susjwp
MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Some additional vendors to enjoy:

Braeval Sporting Apparel
Connecticut Shotgun Mfg.
Henry's Fine Guns
Shenk Shotshell Co.
South Pioneers

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
1 member likes this: susjwp
Sidelock
Sidelock

I plan on being there and a friend will have a table, so I'll be putting up for sale a Purdey, Rizzini, DMB and possibly a Damascus barreled Dickson. Don't need to mention this site, I'll send some $ to Dave regardless.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nitrah, guess I'll give it a try. That's a better selection than the Vintage Cup at Hopkins a few years ago.

Sidelock
Sidelock

2 hours from Northern Virginia. I might as well drive up Saturday and see what's happening.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drive up Saturday and all you'll see is tailfeathers and taillights. The show runs from Thursday to Saturday, no Sunday events scheduled. Most promoters allow some early departures and some vendors start tearing down midday of the last day.

MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello All,

A few updates on next month's event:

Ammo: There will be a vendor selling low pressure 2.5 inch shells for 12 gauge. We may have an opportunity to buy 16, 20 and 28 gauge shells from Gamebore and have cases available at the show. Use this link for more info: https://madmimi.com/p/c03ee61

For more information on registration, vendors, food, lodging, etc, use these two links:

Vintage Gunners
https://vintagers.org/vintage-gunners-cup

Delaney & Sons
https://www.vintagegunnerscup.com/

There will be a challenge event: The Fox International Challenge
1. Challenge will be contested between any American made SxS and any European made SxS.
2. Qualification rounds will be shot on the 5-stand all day on Thurs 9/07, Fri 9/08 and Sat 9/09 with all scorecards submitted by 12 noon on Sat 9/09. No exceptions.
3. Scorecards must be marked with the manufacturer
Daryl Corona is the lead on this: dcorona28@gmail.com
Full rules on the Vintage Gunners Website.

Also, Morphy Auctions will be offering free professional photography for your guns (up to 3 I believe). You can sign up for a time slot here: https://www.timetosignup.com/delaney...sheet/1347001/

Hope to see many of you there. ----Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

I see Shenk shotshell company is displaying there. Am I the only one who feels it amusing that they are going to display/set up for showing and obviously to solicit business when folks on this chat site have been waiting several months for their orders and some complaints about not returning emails

Arrieta2

Last edited by arrieta2; 08/16/23 09:28 PM.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
4 members like this: Mills, mc, bushveld, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hopefully I might go next year. Having never been to a Vintage Gunners Cup is there an expected attire while shooting and anything else one should know to avoid looking foolish or breaking expectations?

What are the Wildcat and Long Bird side events?

Last edited by Chantry; 08/17/23 10:55 AM.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't been in years but expect to see some people dressed very Edwardian and others in casual shooting attire. I remember people in shorts, breeks, kilts and African safari attire. No judgement, it was all personal choice. A wide range of guns as well from Sterlingworths, BSS, LC to Purdey and H&H.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.