April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Stanton Hillis, obsessed-with-doubles, ithaca1, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 420 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#625912 02/08/23 05:27 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

About 10 years ago, Tony Treadwell published his fine book about English shotgun restoration and other topics...

There were two versions published. First an eBook and then the print version...There is info in one that is not in the other...And vice versa...

Oxford eBooks in England were the publisher of Tony's eBook...They still have the file, but cannot release it without permission of the family...perhaps if some of you here would contact Oxford with a request for the eBook, that would generate enough activity to induce the family and Oxford to publish it again?

link is:

andy severn
oxford-ebooks.com

it would be a wonderful thing if we could generate enough interest in tony's fine book to cause a republication of the ebook...

Last edited by ed good; 02/08/23 05:30 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah, yes, Tony Treadwell and his book. I was curious as to his methods, so I ordered and paid for a copy. I never received my copy, and inquired. A second inquiry brought news Tony had passed, news from his widow. I asked for my money to be returned or send me my copy. I am still waiting.

Once bitten...

Dennis Potter
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

dennis, this thread is a soliciation to the members here to contact the publisher of the ebook, in an effort to have them publish it again...

copies of the print book are available from:

https://www.lulu.com/shop/tony-trea...duct-1ggvkn8v.html?page=1&pageSize=4

if you purchase this fine book and do not care for it, then send it to me and i will buy it from you...

Last edited by ed good; 02/17/23 01:02 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Dennis--. I got "screwed, jewed and tattoed" years ago when I offered a copy of the shotgun book "Spanish Best" for $20.00 plus book rate USPS shipping- I thought the proposed purchaser was "legit" so I shipped him the book copy,never got the funds, so I wrote it off to a bad deal, but never again. Hope you get your money back though. I appreciate your skills, I am not a gunsmith, but served as an armorer in the USMC, and my C.O. at Quantico was an avid hunter and had some fairly nice double shotguns which I cleaned for him, and kept them safely stored in the armory as well. I spent my working years in the machine shop and both TIG and MIG fab welding processes. I have read with interest your articles on using the TIG process, along with plasma for build-up and repairing gun parts. My son-in-law and I have a nice repair shop, we use both Lincoln and Miller welding machines, and Linde for the Tig torches, water cooled. Most of our business involves farm equipment and repair, and as crop irrigation is a big item here where I live , repair welding on aluminum irrigation pipe and fittings is a good fit. My favorite welding machines, especially for TIG, are the older 300 amp. Miller Gold Star, and for portable field welding, a Miller 250 amp Bobcat, which will handle any SMAW and well as TIG processes. Do you have a favorite for your TIG welding needs, which I surmise might be mainly alloyed ferrous metals?? Good luck with your refund- Francis Morin-RWTF member shorteAWS..

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 02/19/23 01:04 PM. Reason: shorten, correct spelling

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

At what discounted price, if I may inquire, Edster?? and do you have a "top end" as to how many you are willing to "buy back" before the well runs dry.. Your tentative offer to "buy back" recalls to my mind some advice I received from my late grandfather when I was in my early teens: "Son, as you progress through life, you have to choose whether to plod with the ox, or run with the fox". Easy choice for me!! RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.