April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 411 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
The OP is looking for a Christmas gift that can only be obtained in Canada. Im trying to help him out.

How about Trudeau?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hal
Canvasback, beer consumption in the Interlake of Manitoba is down to two brands now. Budweiser leads with 90%, with Molson's Canadian at 10%. This based on the choice of the locals who descend on our cabin and what I see in the coolers in the off-sale establishments termed "motels" and "hotels" in the area. Nary a drop of Old Vienna, Pil, Calgary Stock Ale and our other old favorites can be found on the shelves. Wish I had an explanation.

Hal, did you try the Bud? Not the same as what you get down there. All big American brands sold up here have been "Canadianized".

As to what's available up in the Interlake.....all I can say is bad coin drives out good. 35 years of heavy duty advertising for Bud, Coors and Miller etc have had an impact.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/17/19 01:53 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Seal flippers are considered a marine mammal, so aren't exportable, ......only available to Canadians!!

"A Stranger is a Friend we haven't Met"
Sidelock
Sidelock

There can't be Christmas in our parish without rappie pie, with rabbit or chicken but usually a mixture of both.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A while back I became aware of a batch of Narwhal tusks up in Canada that seemed like they'd make a really nicely matched set of steak knife handles, with left overs for other odds and ends. Didn't even dream of touching those with a ten foot pole.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Jeez, I go to work for a few days and all hell breaks loose. The general feel reminds me of the joke
How do you keep an idiot in suspense........

But in all seriousness I was trying to round up something for my wife and as I wont be back to the great white north until July. A few fellows kindly offered to help right away and I wandered off the thread mentally.

Im not breaking any international treaties I know of, but I will tell you I wish I could have found a solution for the exceptional high grade Lefever I found up there a half a dozen years ago. One of my most regretful misses. Oh yeah and Go Pens!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not hard to get a gun down there. Just a bit spendy. $300 minimum plus various freight charges.

Narwhal tusks. Now that would be a cool find.

My brother has a polar bear rug the Inuit of Northern Manitoba gave my uncle in some ceremony. Supposedly the biggest one they had shot in a couple years. This was back around the late 1960s. Its spectacular. And huge.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Marks_21

...Oh yeah and Go Pens!

Way to stay on topic.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is for sale here in the States Craig, harvested before 1972 and legal to buy, not cheap though.

https://www.boonetrading.com/collections/narwhal-ivory

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm pretty sure this is the year of the Jets!!!!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.