May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (playing hooky), 625 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,402
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am flying out to Charlotteburg, VA for a half day business meeting. Because of timing, wont return until the next day, probably from Dulles . Any where I should stop and see (gun shops). Or maybe take along a gun and shoot a round of sporting clays in my spare time.
Jerry
My meeting is in Elkwood, VA

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope your plane ticket doesnt say Charlotteburg, because its Charlottesville. Green Top sporting goods is in Richmond, an hour east. They usually have pretty good stuff to look at. Dominion Arms is 30 minutes west near Stuarts Draft. Small but crammed with stuff. Have a safe journey

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had to look up Elkwood, I wasn't sure where it was. Clark Brothers Gun Shop is just a few miles north of there on Rt. 15 on the way to Dulles, they have some good stuff to look at although I haven't been there in about 10 years. They also have a range, but their website says you need a second person to throw the targets.
Have a good trip.

Last edited by Jack71; 03/02/19 10:26 AM.
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bull Run shooting center isn't too far away. They have a decent clays set up and also loan/rent guns.

https://www.novaparks.com/parks/bull-run-shooting-center

foxes rule
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Eeb, your right...Id be in big trouble.
Was just told I was heading here, my client revered a hotel in Harrisonburg. Got the burg and the Villegass mixed up
Thanks tut
Wish I had more notice, if I could get dog sitters I would take my wife and spend a few days touring VA

Last edited by Gerald A. Mele; 03/03/19 12:26 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The day of your flight, if it is an afternoon or evening flight, you should spend a couple of hours at the NRA museum. The best double gun collection in the world is in the Petersen Room. Always free, always open, and a place to eat on site. Fifteen minute drive to Dulles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I stopped in Clark Bros. last year. Pretty disappointing from the standpoint of doubles and classic guns. Maybe they keep that stuff in the back now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not sure what is going on with Clark Brothers. They closed the Red Barn for good late last year.

They used to be the source for black powder shooting. They still sell black powder, but not as much in other items. They used to also have hard to find ammunition. The double guns for sale are basically the same that have been on the rack for quite some time. Still a good selection of used handguns.

Could just be another victim of on-line shopping.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Clark Bros on Rte 15 is my go-to range for working up loads and practicing with small, medium, or big-bore doubles. The longest distance is 100 yards and they are reluctant to let you shoot offhand (except pistols, of course, and clays if you have someone to work the trap).

The shop is sad on decent doubles, as noted, but has a good selection of reloading gear, primers and powders.

Regards

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.