May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (mel5141, Der Ami, Ken Nelson, Express, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 352 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,526
Posts545,832
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's truly amazing what can be done by load adjustment. From about 1970 up till now the vast majority of my hunting (I am not into competitive shooting) has been done with a 26" barreled gun bore .012"/.024" chokes. Have killed from woodcock to Ducks with it as well as a few turkeys. I would have preferred it about a half lb lighter as weighs in @ 7˝ lbs, but never-the-less I shoot it well.
Have shot from 1 oz up to mild 1 3/8 oz handloads from it.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
dhanks Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just received the stock back from Graco for the adjustable comb. Finally able to get this stock completely fitted to me now. Will sort it out this weekend on the pattern board.

In my opinion, I am not aware of a better competition grade SXS for busting clays. Beretta 486 did a great job here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like they did a nice job. BTW, what does the gun weigh?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is a nice job on the adj, comb, very unobtrusive. Glad you took my advice and held off on the Gracoil. You'll do fine without it.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson
Durable model?

Very! I have one of these as my "heavyweight" SxS for clays and Welsh pheasants on the days I know I'm for a soaking.

Mine's probably now had north of 20k rounds through it and (aside from a slight glitch when new to improve handover to 2nd barrel) has been absolutely faultless. It also accounts for some of my most memorable shots...

Swapped the standard Beretta chokes for 3/8 and 7/8 flush Teagues (former for clays, latter for game). Nothing fundamentally wrong with the Beretta chokes but the Teagues have no notches so look better.

It may not compete aesthetically next to a bespoke/vintage gun but I too like the styling. It's a big step forward from their previous SxS (which a friend shoots) and Beretta should be applauded for bringing this to the market in an age when SxSs aren't the most popular choice.

At retail I thought it good value, but USD 2k must have felt like stealing! If I ever see one at that price it'll be in the car as quickly as I can distract my wife...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.