May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (KY Jon, ClapperZapper, Jtplumb, dogon, 1 invisible), 683 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,643
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
Originally Posted By: Stan
A 17 yr. old can join our military forces, with the consent of a parent, and serve our country.............. an 18 yr. old without anyone's consent. If he is old enough to make a decision that can cost his life, in defense of us, he should be allowed the right to legally buy a firearm anyplace he chooses. SRH

I have always considered that a disingenuous argument for all of the situations it has been applied to. I knew people in the military that I would not have trusted with Stan's slingshot and they were issued/carrying loaded weapons. It was sometimes a struggle but I always attempted to keep them from behind me.

But, at least they walked to the plate and batted, even if it was no more than a bunt. That deserves some appreciation from the businesses they volunteered to stick their neck out for.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, Stan

Well give them a 10% discount on a sling shot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

One of those wrist rockets with the black rubbers and a 1/2" ball bearing is bad news.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
I remember having one of those "wrist rockets" as a kid, devastating!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't been in Dick's for about five years. The only things I remember buying from them were some camping supplies and a light for a bicycle. IMO big-box stores like Dick's and Walmart aren't good places to buy a gun anyway - small selection, usually low-end models and no knowledgeable sales people.

One thing's for sure, I won't be shopping there in the future. It was disgusting how they made such a big deal of their "decision" to stop selling AR-15s when they weren't selling them anyway. That little trick might gain them favorable publicity with some of the anti-gun crowd, but not with me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Delta Airlines reneged on their commitment to reduce flight costs for those attending the NRA convention. As Atlanta's hometown major airline they were due to get a big tax break on fuel expenses this year in the GA legislature. They withheld the announcement until they thought the bill was a done deal. The gov is in favor but the senate has killed it. Corporate progressive-ism can be expensive...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Has Dicks/Field&Stream said what they will do with the AR-15s they have in stock, since they announced they do not intend to sell them? Beat them into ploughshares?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Beagle
Has Dicks/Field&Stream said what they will do with the AR-15s they have in stock, since they announced they do not intend to sell them? Beat them into ploughshares?

Maybe they will have a closeout special?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
A 17 yr. old can join our military forces, with the consent of a parent, and serve our country.............. an 18 yr. old without anyone's consent. If he is old enough to make a decision that can cost his life, in defense of us, he should be allowed the right to legally buy a firearm anyplace he chooses. SRH

I have always considered that a disingenuous argument for all of the situations it has been applied to. I knew people in the military that I would not have trusted with Stan's slingshot and they were issued/carrying loaded weapons. It was sometimes a struggle but I always attempted to keep them from behind me.

But, at least they walked to the plate and batted, even if it was no more than a bunt. That deserves some appreciation from the businesses they volunteered to stick their neck out for.

SRH

What you say could be the very reason a nutcase could be allowed to possess a problematic firearm. Tho many define their life by their military service I do not see that as defining their stability in any way whatsoever. Crazy people are crazy people and no matter how many old ladies they might walk across the street letting them buy a firearm might still be a mistake.

And AFA Dick's - who cares? I never saw anything unique there

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would not throw out a whole bushel of good apples because I found one or two rotten ones on top. These "ANTI-GUN LIBERALS" are wanting to punish the law abiding because they know they won't reach those who are the problem. It makes them Feel Good & they can claim they are Doing Something, even though in reality they would have accomplished a Big Fat Zero toward preventing Crime in general or Mass shootings in particular.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.