April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (bsteele, rtw, Sun Dog, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 1,076 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,238
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Europe must not become a federation, while the USA must never lose its federal structure. Logical.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well I live in North Yorkshire, I'm a country person, so feel Im in a position to comment.

On Brexit - I am 22 and voted leave, which puts me in a tiny minority of people. Most people in my peer group would have voted stay. I voted leave because i remember Greece being completely up the creek without a paddle in summer 2015 and they were bailed out, anyone who wants to join is allowed into the EU and the bureaucracy grows bigger and more unmanageable every day. I voted out because i genuinely believe the EU will collapse in time and i think its better to be out and have our house in order before it does and everyone else is in panic mode too. That being said the actual brexit being delivered by our government is being poorly managed and weakly lead which is not what i voted for. I wanted to pull the rug out from the EU's feet and show them that people wont stand for bull doo doo. Its not so much of an exit but a slow withdrawal nodding and smiling to the EU as we do so. The reasoning is that in many cases Brexit crossed party lines, and nobody wants to risk losing their vote share by carrying out what the public voted for. Not all labour voters wanted to stay and not all conservatives wanted to leave. So what we have is a poorly lead, weak willed brexit. If you vote the majority wins, the problem is the vote was close, the leave's never thought they would win, and the government doesnt want to risk alienating and disenfranchising the 48% who wanted to stay. Its a screw up from start to finish.

On Hunting - There is oppersition to shooting sports here but they tend not to be as active as the anti foxhunting brigade. Most people i know who actively shoot on smaller shoots which probably make up the majority of shooting that goes on are working class or professionals who work in the countryside, plumbers, electricians, joiners, milkmen, farmers, farm managers, contractors, workers, engineers, vets, and everything in between. A lot of this comes from a "them and us" is people see you dressed in tweed driving a land rover and going shooting they assume your a toff, there is a big hangover amongst some ( the left generally ) that "they" shouldn't get away with it and that the countryside is some natural landscape that's for everyone. I don't own any land and i disagree its them what bought and earned it weather its because someone way back when was given it by the king or that some farming family paid it off over hundreds of years, i couldn't give a flying one, if you own a bit of land its yours and you should be-able to do what you want with it and the game on it as long as that's within the law and isn't harming anyone else. A lot of opposition to hunting of foxes is just people getting in a tiz because they don't think people should ride round like they own the place and enjoy it, and it irks them particularly when they do own the place.

Last edited by Demonwolf444; 12/27/17 02:53 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't know that either, that the UK imports more from the EU and Germany's economy was bigger than the UK.

Interesting. I was concerned that the EU would place more restrictions on English firearms and hunting, which ties back into the article and Argo's post.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Cmon, Treb. You need to keep up with this stuff. A good bit of the easy things have been hashed out, but a big sticking point is how many billions of Pounds Brussels is going to extort , I mean get in the divorce. Those EU defense forces arent going to be cheap!

Now what to do with the pesky Basques and Poles? Bloody ell.

I know, but I'm more interested in Lord Nelson's tactics at Trafalgar or Wellington's at Waterloo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Demonwolf444
Well I live in North Yorkshire, I'm a country person, so feel Im in a position to comment.

On Brexit - I am 22 and voted leave, which puts me in a tiny minority of people. Most people in my peer group would have voted stay. I voted leave because i remember Greece being completely up the creek without a paddle in summer 2015 and they were bailed out, anyone who wants to join is allowed into the EU and the bureaucracy grows bigger and more unmanageable every day. I voted out because i genuinely believe the EU will collapse in time and i think its better to be out and have our house in order before it does and everyone else is in panic mode too. That being said the actual brexit being delivered by our government is being poorly managed and weakly lead which is not what i voted for. I wanted to pull the rug out from the EU's feet and show them that people wont stand for bull doo doo. Its not so much of an exit but a slow withdrawal nodding and smiling to the EU as we do so. The reasoning is that in many cases Brexit crossed party lines, and nobody wants to risk losing their vote share by carrying out what the public voted for. Not all labour voters wanted to stay and not all conservatives wanted to leave. So what we have is a poorly lead, weak willed brexit. If you vote the majority wins, the problem is the vote was close, the leave's never thought they would win, and the government doesnt want to risk alienating and disenfranchising the 48% who wanted to stay. Its a screw up from start to finish.

Interestingly - I am at the other end; I'm 60 and voted Remain.

I'm not upset that 'leave' won. I thought long and hard which way to vote and remain won for my personal vote by a small margin. The reason I didn't vote leave was that I didn't understand under what terms we would be leaving; I still don't. Had we been voting for World Trade Rules and NO divorce payment, I would probably have voted 'leave'.

I would like to be in a 'common market' which is what I voted to join in 1973, but it has all got too big, too bureaucratic and too expensive. I would like to have had the EU reformed from 'inside' to be a lighter, faster and vastly more efficient trading group, NOT a federal 'state'. There is considerable unrest in Germany, France and Holland about the EU's costs and future plans, but all (like the UK) are very divided internally.

Last edited by JohnfromUK; 12/27/17 03:14 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Blame the Russians. (to our Russian members, Im kidding. Im facinated by your country). I just wonder how long it will be before the dossier comes out that it was May peeing on Trump in Moscow.

Interesting side note I read the other day about the upcoming nuptials of that royal fellow, the ginger, I cant think of his name at the moment. That Obummer wont get an invite because they dont want Trump there. The first black president wont be at the wedding of the first black British royal (correct me if Im wrong). Obummer, the same guy who threw you under the buss after the Brexit vote. Back of the line England!

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw in the news today that Prince Harry did not participate in the traditional Boxing Day Shoot because his semi-vegan American bride-to-be is anti-hunter. Hes in for a long bumpy ride with that chick. Is it too late for him to reconsider?

Sidelock
Sidelock

That girl is going to whip his sissy ass. Of course he will most likely love it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eeb
I saw in the news today that Prince Harry did not participate in the traditional Boxing Day Shoot because his semi-vegan American bride-to-be is anti-hunter. Hes in for a long bumpy ride with that chick. Is it too late for him to reconsider?

Theyre perfect for each other. On the plus side a peg opened up. Think positive, mate!

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

No doubt she has honey in her hips, but he can get that anytime. At my age Id rather shoot birds.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.