May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (susjwp, arrieta2, Steve Nash, Ithaca5E, Argo44, 1 invisible), 276 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,030
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jmc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello,

I am without proper shipping materials for a cased Parker Repro 2-barrel 12 ga that I need to ship out. The oversized hard case and dust cover make finding a box and packaging a bit difficult and I'm striking out at the shipping stores e.g. UPS, FedEx.. I intend to ship USPS. Any tips or pointers on where to acquire a box that will fit the case and lots of protection would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sidelock
Sidelock

ULINE is my source for boxes in general. For myself, I'd take it to a gunshop that deals in a lot second hand guns and let them ship it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunshops are an excellent place to find a shipping box. May want to look at Staples or other office supply stores in your area.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

two medium flat rate priority mail boxes scabbed over one priority mail game board box might work....

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

Last edited by ed good; 10/23/17 03:41 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I make wood crates for shipping expensive guns.

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC.
Mineola, TX
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com
682-554-0044
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have also taken a large box and cut and molded it to fit. wrap guncase in bubble wrap and try that

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your local costco has pallet size pieces of corrugated.
They expose and trash dozens every evening when they stock.
Talk to management and have them save a few for you.
Roll your case up in them.
2 layers should do the trick. You'll have to cut and fold the ends..
Use plenty of tape.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve used bubblewrap and large squares of corrugated cardboard sheet for jobs like this. Shipping supply stores sell the sheets to industrial customers, who put them on top of 4-foot pallets to keep things on the pallets clean and away from nailheads. If you know anyone who works on a factory’s loading dock, you’re set.

I wrap the case in bubblewrap and tape it well, reinforcing the ends. Then I put that subassembly on the cardboard, parallel to the corrugations, and sort of fold the cardboard all around as squarely and as tighly as possible. I then cut off the extra circumference, tape the seam, and trim the overlapping ends into something resembling box flaps. Fold those down, and reinforce the cardboard wrapper with acres of tape, again with emphasis on the ends.

Ugly, yes. Hasn’t failed me yet, though. And best of all, it doesn’t scream “gunbox”.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Jerry,
If you can't buy one, then you're going to have to make one.I guess.
If you can scrounge a big old box from some appliance store you should be set if its big enough.Just use the case to mark out the front , back , n sides, score the cardboard n bend...leave extra at each end for the ends.
If you want protection in between, some glued flat slabs of 1" or so polystyrene here n there would give it some space ? ( but allow for it when measuring cardboard )..or wrap it in some carpet scraps?
Necessity is a Mother, as they say.
Lettuce know how you make out,
cheers
franc

jmc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you gentlemen.. Lot's of good suggestions. I'll be working a combination of several!

Regards,
Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.