May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (GETTEMANS, smlekid), 528 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,462
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
....I have not heard a peep from or about the NRA on this CA ban....

The NRA isn't half bad at all about keeping folks informed. As to picking and choosing battles, I don't know if kali is the best place to expend resources responsibly. The NRA gets really good mileage on the national level, and purely for the various federal fundings, kali has signaled that they may ease up on some of their policies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Rights are protected by a well-balanced diet of information that better educated populaces have grown to expect, and know how to show their appreciation.

In the US, and particularly places like kali, education forced hard left might be considered well established, and validated by their court system. Note how you teach us what a glorious thing it is to kick and scream about the election.

I don't think we're really discussing a 'right' here, but rather policy. Maybe, it's time for tough love? Can you believe the excitement of the union leaders, ya, ya, representing the forgotten middle class, after yesterday's WH meeting? Smart folks not wanting to be left behind, or a new subclass of misogynists?

craigd #470503 01/24/17 02:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not discussing election, craig. Commenting on how to change things. No need for the other here.

craigd #470508 01/24/17 02:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

NRA isn't half-bad. It's good on getting out information to its members. Key is content for improving public support. Branding itself by promoting responsible use of firearms, as it did successfully, evolved into one of the most powerful Washington lobbies often seen by many in the pejorative, apart from its original wholesome brand. Walking the talk, I've offered my opinion to NRA of how to elicit stronger public support, as well to Senator John McCain.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not discussing election, craig. Commenting on how to change things. No need for the other here.

Sorry about that King. In an awkward way, I was trying to contrast two ways of educating folks about an example, the election. Shouldn't we be 'educating' folks to work with what life throws them, instead of complain and attempt to delegitimize what is inevitable? What happens when soro's foreign funding for the show drys up? Beg for more or get a job?

Owenjj3 #470512 01/24/17 02:50 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, we've seen the advice that you offered to the NRA. It included giving up ground to the anti-gunners by giving up on large capacity magazines as you suggested here:

I'd feel better about 2nd protection if our side stopped shooting itself in the foot with the makes-no-difference between 10 and larger magazines, cross-messaging of the worst kind. The antis are saying if the difference is 6-8 seconds what's the problem of excluding the 10-plus?

It also included meekly rolling over when Obama and Co. were attempting to pass massive anti-gun legislation after Newtown in 2013. Here's a quote by King Brown from his post # 308159 on 1/8/13 where he lambasted the NRA and suggested that they should consider the massive gun control Obama was attempting to shove down our throats as he exploited a tragedy to infringe upon our Constitutional Rights:

"Your messages appear as from one who hasn't been involved directly in action of what it takes to beat back grabbers other than a NRA membership. (And that antagonizing NRA comment while the nation mourning was no service to our cause, as I said here at the time. Better that the NRA would consider what Obama proposing and it would respond in good time in the country's best interests etc.) Unwarranted inflaming of public opinion is a mistake, and in confrontations of this kind, it's the faux pas that can kill you. Some November dandies come to mind."

You have roundly and repeatedly criticized the NRA, especially about Wayne LaPierres comment that "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". You continued your NRA bashing even after that Wayne LaPierre statement was borne out in Canada when Mountie Kevin Vickers retrieved a gun and killed the Muslim Terrorist who was shooting up Parliament.

Thankfully, the NRA did not accept your insane advice to cede ground to the anti-gunners. That's kind of what happened during the passage of the GCA of 1968, and we have spent nearly 50 years attempting to claw back some of what we lost.

Stick to negotiating the clear-cutting of pulpwood King. We don't need or want any advice from an anti-gun Troll who is still in denial about the 2008 Heller and McDonald Supreme Court decisions:

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Owenjj3 #470521 01/24/17 04:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Replacement, your last lame reply indicates that it is you who cannot or will not read. Of course I read the NRA piece, and I have already noted that they have been unable to do much to reverse the Kalifornia ban. Did you see where I noted that the NRA Board does not comprise the Kalifornia Legislature and Wayne LaPierre is not either Dictator or Governor of Kalifornia? Or did your big mouth block your vision? The NRA absolutely has tried, which is likely a lot more than you have done. Have you done even a tiny bit of research to see what they have accomplished elsewhere? Did you bother clicking on this link? Or are you too invested in denial, denigrating the NRA, and attempting to prove me wrong:

EPA Surrenders to NRA on Gun Control/ Lead Ammo Ban Issue

The NRA has done a tremendous amount to both inform gun owners and sportsmen about lead ammunition bans, and to lobby and mount legal battles to stop or reverse them. They spend a huge amount on efforts to elect pro-gun politicians... the kind King Brown would never support. If you aren't happy with them, you could ask for a refund of your membership dues money... that is, if you ever put your money where your mouth is and joined the fight.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

craigd #470525 01/24/17 05:05 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Depends what you mean by working with what life throws them, craig. Most people live with an expectation of change for the better in their own lifetimes. I do and key is work, not whining, coming up with better ways to make healthier and happier communities, starting with small projects demonstrating more benefits, more competent and less expensive management for government to respond to. It's not government's job to make better social and economic infrastructure. Big government comes from saying you pols and bureaucrats come up with ideas and do it while it's commoners who have real experience living it with skin in the game. As for big-money funding drying up, a couple presidential candidates did really well crowd funding from the seat of their arse. Bottom-up, craig, not top-down.

Owenjj3 #470532 01/24/17 05:38 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some bird hunting on land owned by the State of Illinois requires non-tox ammo. Not a big deal, and not much of a problem.

JERRY

Owenjj3 #470541 01/24/17 06:38 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's "death by a thousand cuts" here in Kalifornia. There are always a few guys out there that figure the latest regulation is not really a big deal. And maybe it isn't. But they keep adding up and we keep losing shooters and hunters, in this state for sure. And it has become almost ridiculously easy for "them" (the anti's and GC zealots) to pass the next piece of legislation. The anti's have realized how easy it is to divide and conquer us. They must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.