May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jtplumb, Kip, SKB, earlyriser, David Williamson, Jimmy W), 883 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,521
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Drew Hause #462895 11/20/16 05:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

DOG<>GOD=LOVE. The only other one in this place that shows us unconditional love. No wonder they are called mans best friend & dog.
If only I could be so obedient, loyal & faithful.
I give thanks for the example in how to love.
O.M

Drew Hause #462898 11/20/16 06:06 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith: this is my second try, and I'll give you the non-deep-thinkin'-Baptist version.

Proof texting is approaching God's inerrant word, not to hear God speak, but to justify your presupposition; eisegesis rather than exegesis. It's using/distorting God's word for your own purpose. God had something to say about that in Jeremiah 23 and Isaiah 5:20-21.

God expects us to study his word with holy reverence and humility, not to justify our own agenda
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherday...ts-of-scripture

Examples:
1. Justifying slavery from Ephesians 6:5-8 and Philemon
2. Justifying forced conversion from Luke 14:23
3. Justifying domestic violence from 1 Corinthians 7 and Ephesians 5:22 (while ignoring 5:21, 25 & 33)

And the all time favorite of the unregenerate worldling
Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge..." ignoring that right after that in v. 6 Jesus mentions dogs and pigs and v. 15 false prophets. And He called sin, sin.
The context is self-examination
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherdaysjourneybackhome/examine-yourself
and evangelistic and biblical discernment, which we are commanded to exercise; anakrino “to investigate or examine in order to make a discernful decision”, NOT katakrino “to condemn” which is for God alone
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherdaysjourneybackhome/spiritual-discernment/who-am-i-to-judge

Bottom (Baptist) line - If you are going to presume to speak for God, you better be sure it's from His word, and that you've got it right

Carry on Keith. Your bitterness and venom hurt me not at all, are bringing reproach to the name of Jesus Christ, and are destroying your soul.

Drew Hause #462906 11/20/16 06:42 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

agreed, we should all be thankful for those we still have...and cherish the memory of those who are no longer with us...

and happy turkey to all!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Drew Hause #462919 11/20/16 08:44 PM
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, that’s an amazing story about the bulldog. Apparently it happens more often than we realize. A few years ago, there was the video of the Navy Seal’s dog which laid down by his master’s casket during his funeral service. In Japan, school children are taught the story of Hachiko, an Akita, that after his master’s death in the 1920s, went to the train station every day at the time his master would normally arrive from work. He did this for 9 years until his death.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik&#333;
I found a collection of essays and sayings about losing dogs and grief and one of the most poignant was attributed to Napoleon:

“ ‘This soldier, I realized, must have had friends at home and in his regiment; yet he lay there deserted by all except his dog. I looked on, unmoved, at battles which decided the future of nations. Tearless, I had given orders which brought death to thousands. Yet here I was stirred, profoundly stirred, stirred to tears. And by what? By the grief of one dog .'

Napoleon Bonaparte, on finding a dog beside the body of his dead master, licking his face and howling, on a moonlit field after a battle. Napoleon was haunted by this scene until his own death.”

Gil

Drew Hause #462921 11/20/16 09:10 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gene Hill "Just A Dog"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."
Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."
Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.
Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile, because they "just don't understand."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
keith -

you are a patent a$$hole. Why do you persist in soiling this forum?

and once again I have to wonder why the admin tolerates your petty excretions.

You remind me of a bird dog that relishes rolling in cow chit...

Drew Hause #462928 11/20/16 09:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"of" You forgot to put the "of" in the sentence...

KY Jon #462929 11/20/16 09:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
I hope I have lived up to my dogs expectations, they have exceeded all of mine.

Well said. Thanks for starting this topic, Drew.

moses #462938 11/20/16 11:19 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: moses
DOG<>GOD=LOVE. The only other one in this place that shows us unconditional love. No wonder they are called mans best friend & dog.
O.M

Now 60, I have also only experienced unconditional love from God, and dogs.

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: wingshooter16
Originally Posted By: moses
O.M

Now 60, I have also only experienced unconditional love from God, and dogs.

Mike

Maybe that was His plan all along by creating dogs for us.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.