April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (susjwp, Argo44, Roundsworth, graybeardtmm3, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 427 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#458124 10/03/16 12:16 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Press release today.

Volumes of happy gas, nowhere does it mention that the inevitable result is higher prices for the consumer.

Buyouts, mergers, etc are never good for the end user. Competition makes the world go round, and it's sad to see Cabela's customers lose.

Better jump on those 'free ship' ammunition deals now before the corporate raiders restructure the business.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Right when brick and mortar stores were failing by the dozens Cabela's celebrates opening its first brick and mortar store.

Who was in charge of that operation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just what we need. No real competition in the future on the national level.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There will be competition, eventually. If the merger leaves a need, someone will step up and fill it. Capitalism at it's best.

Truth is, neither store has anything I cannot live happily without.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

They have announced the opening of a new Cabelas here in Albuquerque next year and have already begun the ground clearing for it on some prime real estate adjacent to I-25. 'Wonder what, if any, effect that will have??

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

I also think the folks willing to invest in large retail stores put a little thought into it. Not only do they have to compete for local walk in customers, but with all the online sellers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What is the future of brick and motor stores when you can shop the Internet? Guarded at best. Both Cabellas and Bass Pro Shop are as much a clothing shop as anything else. I buy a few sale items, ammo in flats, when priced right and a few used guns from them when they are under priced. So I'm no worried about this buyout as the elimination at all real competition because they have absolutely nothing I can not do without or find other places if need be. I suspect most others here feel the same way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In Anchorage we have a Cabela's, Bass Pro and Sportsman's Warehouse. After retiring I worked part time at SW for 10'years and BP for 2. Overall SW has the best prices on most items. it will be interesting to see what happens in a couple years.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
What is the future of brick and motor stores when you can shop the Internet? Guarded at best. Both Cabellas and Bass Pro Shop are as much a clothing shop as anything else. I buy a few sale items, ammo in flats, when priced right and a few used guns from them when they are under priced. So I'm no worried about this buyout as the elimination at all real competition because they have absolutely nothing I can not do without or find other places if need be. I suspect most others here feel the same way.

When I have infrequently bought items such as used guns on the Internet I've generally been disappointed in the description as compared to the actual condition when received. I basically quit doing that and will continue to buy at shops or show where I can do a real examination. I'm NOT trying to imply that all online gun dealers are less then truthful and there are some I would deal with in that manner.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, your notion of capitalism stepping in to fill a need is not what I'm seeing world-wide---or here in my baliwick. There are three good gun stores within 100 miles which I patronize to keep them here. When they don't have what I want, they order it for me. I bought a new Beretta 686 o/u a couple years ago for less than at the big stores and way less than in Rome. Nationally the Canadian biggies, in resources and finance particularly, are buying billion-dollar opposition world-wide to reduce competition. The trend is to less competition and more misery for us.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.