May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (R. Glenz, dblgnfix, Marks_21, craigd, Wild Skies, SKB), 1,008 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,545
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

it was not nice.
i dont need coaching on how to run a meet.
i dont need people to tell me how to host a party.
you guys just need to decide to do it.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

bottom line.
im not a scam, so think what you want.
the facts are simple.
im inviting you all to my home to shoot. i know its hard for some to grasp the concept that there are some honest people in life who can afford to share at this magnitude, but there are.

if anything, its you guys that i should be leary of.
i dont know any of you. you could be all ex-felons for all i know.

im not going to beg you guys to be my friends and meet other members on my spread.
so im leaving it at this....this is my invite….
it’s a house party. been doing it for 5 years.
i make the suggestions as to what to bring to the party. thats what hosts do. they make the suggestions and people volunteer.
im doing it all based on past success with honest people who recognize my generosity and reciprocate accordingly.
come if you can. dont if you cant.
and fyi, i hold a ba/hra degree in human resources. i know what a waiver is and how to make one.

now....im off the net for a while. im heading to new england to 'meet' with some of my friends i made on the net at a handful of clubs, and its a 600 mile trip one way.
thats the kind of friend i am to my friends.
no distance is too great.
i'd be glad to add you to my list.

take a step in my direction and i'll take 3 towards you. i already did.
cheers.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

latest tally: 16 confirmed

gil..............yes
bobski...........yes

rocketman........maybe
ken nelson.......maybe
old colonel......maybe
rva..............maybe
treb1ing1958.....maybe
dave w...........maybe
bob blair........no response

old joe...........no
mergus............no
homeless joe......no
nitro express.....no

==================

openings so far........

Squads.........

Friday
4pm:........FULL.........
FIELD 1:

-------------------
Friday
4pm:
FIELD 2
------------------
6PM – pot luck dinner

7PM:
NIGHT TARGETS FIELD 2
first come first served

-------------------------

Saturday
10am:
FIELD 1

-------------
Saturday
1pm:........FULL........
FIELD 1
---------------

Saturday
10am:
FIELD 2

----------------

1pm:
FIELD 2

Sunday
Noon

wide open

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

latest tally: 16 confirmed

gil..............yes
bobski...........yes

rocketman........maybe
ken nelson.......maybe
old colonel......maybe
rva..............maybe
dave w...........maybe
bob blair........maybe

old joe...........no
mergus............no
homeless joe......no
nitro express.....no
treb1ing1958......no

Sidelock
Sidelock

Make me a maybe Bob.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

thanks bob.

btw...how about your hunting buddies?

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

had the pleasure of meeting some ANON dg-bbs members in the groton area of conn today.
theyve chosen to remain ANON to you, but they were super friendly and gentleman to me.
which confirms what i always knew, good people recognize sincere honesty.
by this one act of kindness dealt me, the club i visited secured a lasting friendship. i look forward to visiting again.
who knows, maybe some other dg-bbs members will come up and shake my hand and give me positive support for what i do.
i now know....youre out there in force, balancing out the skeptics....one brick at a time. :>

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ever hear of convicted by association ?

Originally Posted By: bobski
oopps....never mind. i see you got banned. imagine that!

Can't keep a good man down bObski....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Bobski; I ask what is significance of having been "first registered here in in 2001"? Do I recall correctly, you wrote some thing once, you had computer problems from 2001 until last year? 14 years or so? That must be a tough spot to get the computer geek squad there in ozarks.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

back when the boards were in flux with upgrades and changing formats being redesigned, my passwords and log ins all got lost or forgotten or wouldnt load due to dialup/dsl changes. it was the period of time when my father was dieing so posting on bbs was a low concern. i moved home to conn to live in with him and hold his hand until death for 4-5 years. i have since moved back to my summer home in va.
many here remember me. posting that tag was my way of letting people know that it was indeed the old bobski from past that had come back. i wanted everyone to know i left not out of dis-interest, but out of cyber issues and tending to deaths in the family.

i hope that helps you understand.
funny you mention that thing about geeks. my caretaker on the farm is a 20 veteran who is an expert in electronics. since i knew him from church in norfolk va way back, i tossed him the keys to the farm when he mentioned wanting to go west.
he's been taking care of the place for me in my absense. he loves it.(a solid true lifes friend)
and because of the bond we have, he has upgraded all of my computers...and here i am, back on line because of him.

for some people, computers are an escape from reality. to me, they are tools. the more time i spend outside cyberspace, the more im reminded of what a great world we live in.
my main goal in cyberspace with this farm is...to offer those trapped in non-reality, to come and experience real living at my place and have a good time for 3 days.
its been a great 6 years. ive met a lot of people who normally wouldnt know how to approach (or could afford) professional skeet/trap. it does my heart good to be able to offer it to total strangers. some of which never held a shotgun, so i hand them my winchesters to enjoy. instead of being a self centered competitior who only desires more trophies and titles....i prefer to be an ambassador for the sport and be an aiming point for anyone to seek out the sport in a very personal way.
i know there are good people out there. and i know many are close by. if i have to wade thru a mire of ugliness to find them...fine. itll be well worth it. everyone tells me how wonderful the mid-west is. unfortunatley its taking longer than i expected to believe it.

i served this nation for 22 years willing to die for country and you.
now.....i want to meet the people i was willing to sacrifice for.
90% of the experience has been positive; but, that number is decreasing quickly.
the ones i question...well...they have made it clear for anyone to see just by their posts, how cruel the internet can be.

yet....good and bad, skeptics and loyal friends....youre all still welcome.

as mentioned earlier...my alaska cyber friends will be here oct..
come give them a good lower 48 welcome back to mild weather and be part of giving them lasting memories of a good time in mo..

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.