May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Perry M. Kissam, KY Jon, Chantry, FlyChamps, Karl Graebner, MattH), 990 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,544
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
treblig1958 #430954 01/01/16 11:39 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958

And I could care less what Jack O'Connor said or recommended about anything.

Yah, a knowall Pa deer hunter.

wyobirds #430955 01/01/16 11:48 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fantastic start to 2016! We get two of the best posting in one thread....old joe and cherry bomb. The very best in contributing nothing and crapping on everything.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
cherry bomb #430956 01/01/16 11:49 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cherry bomb

Yah, a knowall Pa deer hunter.

My Dad taught me how to shoot and hunt, a World War Two Veteran, that's good enough.

cherry bomb #430957 01/01/16 11:52 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ya, Pa deer hunter knows everything. Please tell us about your big game hunting career and articles and books authored.

234 posts from you, that are all just like this one.

Go to the corner, and sit with the dunce cap on, child.

Nobody is interested in your spew.

Best,
Ted

wyobirds #430958 01/01/16 11:57 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok,
Show me where I'm wrong.
A guy posted that he read Jack O'Connor and he liked the 270 Winchester.
The same guy posted that's why he bought a 270 Winchester.
The same guy posted that he and a buddy went hunting ane he took his 270 Winchester.
He then posted that while he was hunting for MOOSE he was jumped by a brown bear which he shot with his 270 Winchester.

Then some one else posted saying where did Jack O'Connor recommend brown bear hunting with a 270 Winchester?

I said he didn't go hunting brown bear with a 270 Winchester he went MOOSE hunting with a 270 Winchester and was jumped by a brown bear which he shot with his 270 Winchester.

Am I wrong here?

And I never read Jack O'Connor because I knew I would probably never hunt out west for big game, that's all. And you're right my statement concerning Jack O'Connor was too hard. I'll go back and delete that remark.

wyobirds #430962 01/01/16 12:20 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted that's because when I question regulars there friends chime in and say he's 100 % right and I'm out of bounds even to question the guy. So common here its sickening. Treblig you might be interested that O' Connor hunted for deer in Pa up in Potter County. Thanx for saying you might have been too hard on him. Those of you having mucho free time on your hands and counting my posts please see if you can find even 1 with perverse connotations or language. unlike many of your regulars still here who used to be on the offtopics forum with filth spill over into other forums. if yall want to get on someones case where were you and how about about them?

wyobirds #430981 01/01/16 01:49 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

just a couple things

Bell used a 6.5 IIRC which is even more OMG! than a 7

RocketMan - I have complemented you many times - on your persistence........ eeerm I mean dedication

Anyone who berates or questions Gene Hill on anything needs beating with a stick

28ga - the only thing that keeps the 28ga from being the most popular ga on the planet is the ammo manufacturers insistence on limited production and insanely outrageous prices.

20ga - rating the effectiveness of a ga on the basis of popular vote ignores the simple fact that more than the majority of shooters (actually nearly any adult) don't know WTF they're talking about regardless of subject.

16ga - if it is so foo king wonderful why is it nearly extinct? Maybe the 20ga shooters should be told about it?

have another day
Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
cherry bomb #430992 01/01/16 02:49 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted that's because when I question regulars there friends chime in and say he's 100 % right and I'm out of bounds even to question the guy. So common here its sickening. Treblig you might be interested that O' Connor hunted for deer in Pa up in Potter County. Thanx for saying you might have been too hard on him. Those of you having mucho free time on your hands and counting my posts please see if you can find even 1 with perverse connotations or language. unlike many of your regulars still here who used to be on the offtopics forum with filth spill over into other forums. if yall want to get on someones case where were you and how about about them?

Well cherry, I'm going to assume you meant part of this post to be a rebuttal to my earlier post about us hitting the jackpot with you and old joe posting in the same thread. My comment and opinion still stands. Show me a post from either of you that isn't at least partly rude and crapping on the subject of someone else's post. Not careful rebuttal, just crapping.

And where are your contributions?

I used to post regularly in Misfires. I generally stayed on subject, was polite and civil even to those I thought had their head up their ass and defended others when personal attacks got carried away. I have always supported a forum that allows for differing opinion expressed civilly on any and all subjects appropriate to the sub heading. What I don't have time for is those who add nothing while spewing their own form of filth, as you call it. In particular, you and old joe.

To suggest that I and others get a free pass because we have friends here is just laughable. Go look up the thread in Misfires from two springs ago when I defended the rights of homosexuals to see if my "friends" gave me a free pass.

It's old joe's and your constant negativity towards others' comments, regardless of subject, that I object to.

Change your tune and I'll change mine.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
wyobirds #430994 01/01/16 02:49 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

As I recall bell was credited with killing somewhere around 1,000 elephants. By his own account around 600 of them were killed with the 7x57 (.284 rigby) mostly using military 173 grain full jacketed bullets. He did kill a good number with the 6.5x54
Mannlicher but found they would sometimes bend on hitting heavy bone so went with the slightly thicker 7mmm mostly. They were of approximately the same length & sectional density bullets but the slightly larger dia of the 7mm made them "Stiffer" thus less likely to bend. All of this from Bell's own words which appeared in an article which was published in the American Rifleman back in the 1950's.
Bell knew how to shoot & where to place the bullet, he was not in the habit of "Stopping" charging Elephants, just killing them, a lot of difference.
The most "Versatile" gauge in existence is the 12, hands down.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
wyobirds #431008 01/01/16 04:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

James (Canvasback) is one of few here who is invariably civil when discussions become contentious. My frame of reference is this forum, not Misfires. I was really glad when Dave created Misfires, I mostly stayed away from it and stopped feeling so discouraged by unhelpful personal attacks in gun rights discussions.

Jay

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.