May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (12boreman, MattH, smp190, relics6165, 1 invisible), 236 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,884
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#396274 03/02/15 10:50 PM
MattH Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Hello All,

I'm pleased to announce that the Georgia Vintagers chapter has been re-established.

We are still getting organized in many ways. Currently we are centered in the northern suburbs of Atlanta and we normally get a group together to shoot most weekends at Etowah Valley or participate in the open shoots at Cherokee Gun Club and Riverbend Gun Club. We do want to expand our weekend range and shoot more of the great venues we have within a reasonable drive of Atlanta.

In the meantime, we are planning our first official Vintager event for Saturday, March 28th, at Riverbend gun club ( Riverbend Gun Club ). We're working out the final details and I will post them here once established. Please mark your calendar!

For anyone interested in the Georgia Vintagers and/or our shoot on March 28th, please PM me here or email me at: XmmhaneyX@Xcomcast.XnetX (just remove the X's). I'll respond as soon as possible.

I look forward to meeting more Georgia double-gun enthusiasts. Thank you. ----Matt Haney

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds good. Matt. Looking forward to seeing you again at the Spring SSxS.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations Matt,
Welcome to the stressed legions of club organisers!
(Been there, done that, got the ulcers!)
I wish you all the fun in the world.
Your 'hammer madness' is now explained!
Toby

MattH Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

John, look forward to seeing you at Sanford. Always enjoy catching up.

Toby, Thank you. Yes, mystery solved.

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

Matt, don't let this Georgia thing take too much of your time - Judy enjoys quail hunting with you and will want to see you visit again with the Carolina Chapter. Too bad your first Georgia shoot is in the middle of tax season or we'd try to run over and shoot with y'all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations Matt. I know you will do a great job. Just keep Lacey in line.

MattH Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Thanks Bob(s)! We're excited to be getting this off the ground.----MattH

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Boxlock
Boxlock

I shoot with this group on a regular basis, and if they all tolerate me, they will tolerate anyone!! In all seriousness though, great guys and we have a ton of fun, don't be shy guys and gals, come on out and shoot with us, we have a blast every time.

MattH Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Hello All,

Here is more information about our event on March 28th. We'll have lunch after shooting a round of sporting clays. After lunch we may do a little show-and-tell or shoot some trap or 5-stand (or all of the above).

When:
Saturday, March 28, 2015
Registration starts at 9am
Shooting starts at 10am

Where:
Riverbend Gun Club
988 River Bend Gun Club Rd
Dawsonville, GA 30534
(770) 893-3502

Cost: $40 -- Includes lunch and prizes

Prizes for:
High Overall
High Hammer Gun
High Hammerless Gun
High Small Bore (Hammer or Hammerless)

Here is the flyer with more information. We'll be shooting using the usual Vintager rules.

We'd like to get an idea of how many people to expect so if you would respond using the information in the flyer or PM me here, it would be appreciated. Thank you! ----Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
MattH Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Just to complete this thread....We had 25 shooters and a lot of fun at our first event. We were very pleased with the turnout. Thanks to those who attended and to Riverbend Gun Club.

I hope to see many of you all in Sanford next month. ---Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.