May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (cpa), 157 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,543
Posts546,072
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Oliver Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hello folks! First of all i wanna thank Dave for helping me register. Great site here and i am glad to be able to hopefully contribute!

I just purchased this Rempt over/under.. seems like info on this model is limited so i imagine its gotta be rare..I saw a post earlier thsi year on this forum about this model and the gentleman sounded as curious as i am on getting info.. Mine is serial 32xxx..
Its locking system is superb. I also love the single trigger with the select shell ejectors.. what a beautiful piece of engineering.
I picked it up at an auction. Surprisingly i dont think anyone knew what it was!! It was listed in the cataloge as a Remo.. Well Remo is kinda right but most people think of converted Mausers when they hear thatname . That conversion was a revenue generating project the Rempt bro had along side of their hunting and sport gun line. Smart move in hard economic times !!! .... The gun was produced at the Remo factory, but i would consider it a Rempt, (over the Remo brand).. Some features on this gun really threw me off while trying to figure out what is was from the horrilbe auction photos.. At first i wasnt sure if it was a Krieghoff or even a Merkel.. Look at the stock fitment in relation to the reciever!! wow!! and the forgrip looks like a krieghoff .. I wonder if thats a coincidense or had something to do with the Rempt brothers having their factory beside the Krieghoff factory in Suhl!!! Its serial number is 32xxx, so i am assuming early 1930's ??? Comments, opinions anyone? How this gun ended up in Canada i dont know..

Anyone else have a foto or 2 they wanna add? PLEASE DO
thanks,,oliver

Last edited by Oliver; 09/09/13 08:24 PM. Reason: sp

Nothing like the smell of 2 stroke in the morning
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's see the marks. It doesn't resemble the Gebrueder Rempt O/U drawings I have seen and it looks more like this Krieghoff:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post301550

One could have easily sourced the other.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Oliver Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I AGREE 100 %% ..But its a Rempt.. I have seen Rempts with serial number 34xxx with the same engraved reciever as mine.. almost identical!! and theres a SxS on Egun right now listed as a Remo with those etchings. Heres more pics of mine below.. I appreciate any input!

Last edited by Oliver; 09/09/13 09:01 PM. Reason: add

Sidelock
Sidelock

It does have the Remo trademark, a single trigger and what looks to be a pinned head of the stock. Any in focus images of the marks on the tube and on the frame?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Oliver Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I will take more pics tomorrow . I appreciate you looking.,

Question for you or anyone if you got a minute.. Was the dual ejector system common in those days ? This gun has one per barrel. Nice design for 80 years ago..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, ejectors and single triggers were quite common post WWI. If memory serves, think ejectors were making enroads into the market by the mid to late 1890s. I'm curious if there are any stamps on the standing breech and is the trigger non-selective? Some of the marks will be obscured by the wooden sidepanels.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are some marks on a couple of Remos(Script) and in particular I'm looking for the K beside the steel type stamp, an EHK(script or not) and a Sl tube makers mark(possibly Belgian sourced):

Gewehrfabrik Remo was a maker to the trade and I believe this drilling to have been peddled by Gustav Wahrenberg of Brandenburg

R over W stamp also

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Oliver Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Ok ,thanks Raimey!.. Trigger is non selective think.. will verify tomorrow..
There is a proof mark i believe beside the serial under the barell.. i will look in detail for you after work..

Last edited by Oliver; 09/09/13 11:06 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oliver Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

A couple more i have on file..
Still baffled by the resemblance to a Krieghoff

Last edited by Oliver; 09/09/13 10:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.