May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,104 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,513
Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#27840 02/24/07 06:04 PM
RGS022 Offline OP
OP Offline

I've been looking at some of the guns on this website. I am very fond of the boxlock game guns. Has anyone here purchased from them? The guns on the site seem to be in exceptionally fine condition. Are they what they seem, or creative lighting and photography? There are a couple that I am seriously thinking about. Bozeman is 2000 miles from my home. A trip to see the items in person would eat into my bird hunting time this fall. I would appreciate any opinions on the quality of the shotguns this company has for sale. Does the company stand behind the shotguns they sell. The prices seem reasonable, or am I just uninformed?

Thanks in advance for any help
Bill

I can't be too bad, my dogs will kiss me.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If there's a gun in particular you're thinking about buying I'm sure these guys could help you out.

I visited when Mr. Hill still owned it. He was straight-up for all I could tell and all I heard (I have a friend in Bozeman). The guns I saw were well described and prices were generally very fair.

I can't personally comment on the current owner, (which certainly does not imply anything negative). However, I'd expect that if and when a business like Hill were to "slip" after a sale, we'd read about it here. Hopefully someone can give you a recent experience.

Last edited by Fred; 02/24/07 06:16 PM.

Fred
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill He is located up stairs in the old Hotel. Third floor. I quite going in when in Bozeman, for all he does is take my check. Found both he and his guns to be typical Montana, and gunine. His guns are mostly britt, I bought Parkers and Ithacas. It was a good experence. David Lien

We deal with Charlie regularly as he does outstanding wood work and case repair. We have the highest regard for him and could not recommend him more highly.

Jim Kilday
Managing Partner
Westley Richards USA

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought a gun from Charlie for $800 awhile back and the communication and treatment i got from him you would have thought I was spending ten times that....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good solid outfit. Good guns for the money. He's got a nice older Sauer 12 ga box lock that looks like a good buy.

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have never bought from Charlie, but visited his place last summer. Guns were accurately described, and I would not hesitate to buy from him.

It was my good fortune to visit Charlie last June, courtesy of a visit arranged by Darrel Hallquist. A nicer gentleman it would be hard to find. He had a wonderful collection of guns that I could only marvel at, and he seems very knowledgable. AAA+

"The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference, they deserve a place of honor with all that is good". - George Washington
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have bought three guns from Charlie - he is straight up and trustworthy.

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.