May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Argo44), 873 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,511
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
jeweler Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I found on that needs hammer repair that is also a Parker Damascus twist barrel that I think I want the twist redone. It is all origional now but not in great condition.Has a small dent in the barrel. It is gong to be a shooter.

monty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brad Bachelder
1229 Michigan St.
Grand Rapids
Michigan 49503
616-459-3636

Last edited by Mark Ouellette; 02/04/13 01:16 PM.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jeweler
I found on that needs hammer repair that is also a Parker Damascus twist barrel that I think I want the twist redone. It is all origional now but not in great condition.Has a small dent in the barrel. It is gong to be a shooter.
All Parkers are shooters- back in their "Golden Age" they were one of many fine guns used for big money live bird shoots- "Gong to be a shooter"?? Huum- if you mean long range shooter at steel or iron type targets by "Gong Shooting" with the proper slug load "Brenekke?" possibly so, but side-by-sides, whether Parkers or Purdey's are notorious for cross-firing the slugs- I enjoy that form of recreational shooting myself, but lean more towards scoped center fire accurized mid-caliber rifles myself- A .338 LUPA is my current weapon of choice-- I concur with the good USMC Captain's recommendation here 110%- Brad Bachedler is "The Man"--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've heard very good things about Brad, but don't know about his Damascus finishing. Mark Beasland (www.mbabllc.com) does a super job with Damascus. He teaches Damascus refinishing at the doublegun classes at Trinidad.

Sidelock
Sidelock

here's another one.

http://members.toast.net/keithkearcher/

He has done work for me and some others on this forum. I know he can do you a fine job.

Jim

I've never met a bird dog I didn't like.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brad Bachelder is the man !!!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

fox
where did you see the OP mention the bit about slugs/sabotts or ball in this thread?
I would think getting the "twist" redone means re finishing the twist bbls,,,,I don;t think the bbls are rifled? Do you?
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Franc Otte
fox
where did you see the OP mention the bit about slugs/sabotts or ball in this thread?
I would think getting the "twist" redone means re finishing the twist bbls,,,,I don;t think the bbls are rifled? Do you?
franc
Just my "read" when he mentioned "Gong" shooting-- just like our bowling pin shoots, and frozen Butterball shoots at our local gun clubs, we have metal "Gong" shoots- makes a real loud ring when a AP round from a Garand or a 1903 hits it dead center- Shotgun pellets, even from a extra full choke at the ranges we are shooting from- no ring-ading-ding-ping-Bada Bing-Bada Boom--so I assumed this gentleman would want to use slugs- Brenekke or other high ended types- As most of use know, even expensive and regulated british express double rifles have to be "regulated" for even POI etc. with their loads- as cross firing can be a problem- more so with any side-by-side or even, I suppose, over and blunder shotgun- whether a Parker or a Parkhurst- right barrel will usually tend to put the slug projectile to the left of POI- lefthand barrel will tend to put the slug projective to the right of POI--and for any of our membership in the 50th State- the term POI does NOT mean wallpaper gooey paste flavored and dipped from a bowl with your fingers- it means POINT OF AIM--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Francis, for goodness sake, he meant GOING, not gong! And that caliber you mentioned is .338 Lapua, not Lupa. If I made the leap you did I would assume you were talking about shooting she-wolves.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
http://members.toast.net/keithkearcher/

He has done work for me and some others on this forum. I know he can do you a fine job.

Kearcher is good at a lot of things, but black and white Damascus refinishing has not been one of those things. His B&W tends to come out brown, perfect for Brit guns but not for most Parkers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.