May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Lloyd3, Guy Ave, Marks_21, KDGJ, Beccaccia28, 1 invisible), 513 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,790
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=King Brown] " with a handgun registry and regulations that haven't been challenged by the shooting sports fraternity since its inception 80 years ago"

What TOTAL BS! We have bitched and fought against the handgun registry for years.

What a misguided jer.... person.

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

To simply say all previous attempts by the anti's are evil and have not worked is to guarantee we will eventually lose our rights if we do not ensure we do what is reasonable.

Let me venture a few ideas that may yield some ground

First improved computerized background check system which will include those mentally ill, prescribed, and otherwise challenged as sound purchasers of weapons. Yes I realize it will have many failures in that there are other sources of weapons, but some saved are better than none.

Second create better resources in our communities so the mentally ill have better options than they do today. Having witnessed a family near me deal with trying to get their daughter who was failing care was heart breaking. The lack of inpatient care resources left them with incarceration as an only option. The liberal do gooders who destroyed the old system failed to create anything to realistically replace it. In my state the state legislature took the cost savings of closing the state mental health facilities, but never funded the replacement care.

Third let’s take on the culture of Hollywood that hypocritically contributes and profits from amorality while supporting the theft of our rights.

Fourth lets sponsor a change in the Gun Free Zone signs to add the image of a lamb with a target sight imposed on it. This will help those who have insisted on exercising their legal property right to prohibit guns to include a full realization as to what they have created; a soft target rich environment.

It may be a great tactic to simply say no and attack the discussion, but the NRAs position that we need more guns is not sufficient

Last edited by old colonel; 01/07/13 11:02 AM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug, I haven't met a person who could be categorized as supporting or believing everything their party says. Even if they said such a thing, if they were willing to work to push back the grabbers I'd accept their assistance with thanks.

This isn't dreaming. Taking help where you can get without putting anyone through Wasserman tests and oaths of allegience is the way Canadians ridded themselves of a criminalizing registry. Americans haven't reached a consensus of how to win. It won't the way it's proceeding.

Just think of it: it's madness, ideology rampant, to suggest that liberals haven't as much stake in their country as conservatives. The consequences of such thinking is the pathetic face my loved country is presenting to the world today as literally not able to manage its affairs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, there's no such thing as unanimity in anything. We've countrymen who believe in all sorts of things. There has been no concerted effort or lobbying by the shooting sports fraternity in Canada to get rid of the handgun registry. We've considered changes in regulations re transport to gun clubs etc but support the no-packing as antithetical to the Canadian ethos.

Was starfire a loved quarterhorse or good Olds, please? Members have been wondering.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

Just think of it: it's madness, ideology rampant, to suggest that liberals haven't as much stake in their country as conservatives.

King,

If that were a true statement, why indeed, would any citizen with an I.Q. over 40, vote for the demise of their own nation after watching in his first term, BO's destruction and performance.....?.......And now, still supporting this fool as he and his administration attack the Bill of Rights and Constitution on which our nation was founded.........?........You must view the world through very Rose colored glasses my friend..........

"I find it very interesting that BO lost in every state that required voter I.D., and won in every state that "did not" require voter I.D.".......

"America is the only country where a significant proportion of the people believe that professional wrestling is real but the moon landing was faked"

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

King may be right, about no concerted effort to get rid of the Canadian handgun registry. That being said, why have the S&W 44 DA top break revolvers chambered in 44 Russian (obsolete caliber all made pre-1899) come up in value so much in the USA? Canadians buy them to be used as back country side arms that don't require registration.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Webber thank you Sir !

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Fourth lets sponsor a change in the Gun Free Zone signs to add the image of a lamb with a target sight imposed on it. This will help those who have insisted on exercising their legal property right to prohibit guns to include a full realization as to what they have created; a soft target rich environment"

John Lott and William Landees did a study in 1999,not the last line in the exert from the article John Fund wrote ;

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/335739/facts-about-mass-shootings-john-fund

Economists John Lott and William Landes conducted a groundbreaking study in 1999, and found that a common theme of mass shootings is that they occur in places where guns are banned and killers know everyone will be unarmed, such as shopping malls and schools.

I spoke with Lott after the Newtown shooting, and he confirmed that nothing has changed to alter his findings. He noted that the Aurora shooter, who killed twelve people earlier this year, had a choice of seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie he was obsessed with. All were within a 20-minute drive of his home. The Cinemark Theater the killer ultimately chose wasn’t the closest, but it was the only one that posted signs saying it banned concealed handguns carried by law-abiding individuals. All of the other theaters allowed the approximately 4 percent of Colorado adults who have a concealed-handgun permit to enter with their weapons.

“Disarming law-abiding citizens leaves them as sitting ducks,” Lott told me. “A couple hundred people were in the Cinemark Theater when the killer arrived. There is an extremely high probability that one or more of them would have had a legal concealed handgun with him if they had not been banned.”

Lott offers a final damning statistic: “With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.”

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a true statement. America voted twice in a row for Obama, as they voted twice in a row for Bush, and so on. Canada also changes its mind regularly on governance. I don't think you're suggesting that morons and wise men are providing alternating mandates, that those who voted for Obama are lesser persons. I have said Obama is in and GOP out because it ran a surpassingly stupid campaign. That's not a rap on the people who voted GOP, only the apparatchiks who thought their message put victory in the bag. Again, that's why I'm intriqued by Boehner who is trying to serve his country and party, to suture the wounds, to widen the tent to bring in those "40 IQs" needed to win. If he doesn't the party will be a long time in the wilderness, and we will, too.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.