May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Replacement, Jimmy W, KDGJ, 1 invisible), 799 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,483
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here's the Lefever that was traded for it...

Sidelock
Sidelock

What in hail is going on with the left barrel (the patch?)?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like a full length sleeve/liner on the rifle barrel from that breach picture. Also, the filler bits between the muzzles don't look like any factory work I've seen. Looks to me like a nicely done conversion by lining and the barrels also look trimmed, explaining the non-standard fillers.

Are the damascus hammergun pictures related?

Last edited by Chuck H; 10/31/12 12:55 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The damascus hammergun was only to show these guys are not beginners to Parker collecting

The gold panel was once engraved with the name of a well known racecar driver the gun was made for

Nothing about it looks right to me but I'm not a Parker collector

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
What in hail is going on with the left barrel (the patch?)?

Just a guess,,but I'd think the reason for (someone) installing the rifled liner came about because of damage to the left tube in that area where the 'patch' is.

The damaged area was hammered back into position over the liner, draw filed and polished out.
When the liner was soft soldered into place, the solder would also fuse the damage & cracks of the tube also (not that it's needed for tube strength).
The rectangular decorative gold(?) plate was added to cover the split/blowout damage area including the soft solder showing through.

Some of the old damage/cracks & the solder used for the liner insert and repair can still be seen around the edges of the plate and within the cross hatched area engraved around the plate.

Just my guess of course.

*The frame also has an added screw high on the upper rear edge left side like an over hanging sear action boxlock. None added on the right side though.

* The hammer screw on the left side (rifle bbl) doesn't look original from the standpoint of it appearing flat topped. But that could just be the picture.
All of the frame screws on the left side have been worked over/removed,ect.
Those on the right side look untouched. That extra screw almost looks like a trigger plate screw head size.

Just some observations.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Also note the "re-inforcing" bolts thru the stock either to repair a split or as insurance since this Parker is now half rifle.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Given the variety of dubious and uncommon features, some kind of irrefutable evidence would be needed to convince most prospective buyers it was a "factory" job.

I say "busted".

Sidelock
Sidelock

Someone got a good deal on a nice Lefever.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is the frame size of that Parker? The wall thickness at the breech looks heafty.
What is the barrel length? And does it have the original parker top rib?

The spacing at the muzzle with spacers is clearly done for the purpose of properly reculating the rifle barrel.

I do not see any evidence of sleeving (monoblocking) on the rifle side. I wonder if maybe the barrels were taken apart and a rifled barrel blank turned to profile and put on the left side. Hard to tell if I see a seam on the muzzle end, or if that is just a bevel on the outer edge.

Very interesting un though.

I would doubt if it was Parker factory work, even on a return. At that time, rifled barrel inserts were readily avaialble from manufacturers like Remington. They would install and also come out very easily, similar to modern day Briley tubes.

B.Dudley
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.