May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (battle, earlyriser, Der Ami, shrapnel, FallCreekFan, 1 invisible), 676 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,525
Posts545,829
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wilson did a fine job all around, congratulations Peter .
I watched the interview and he is a very positive representative of the sport.

Quite the custom stock on his gun.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikekingphoto/7084640871/lightbox/

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder how many of you were shooting ATA trap against his coach in the 1980's? His coach won a Gold Medal in 2004. I think he was living in Texas at the time.

This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok!-Matthew Quigley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulation to him!

I wish I could have seen it, but so far as I know it was not televised here in the US. Is that a surprise?

I don't know about shotgun, but I understand all of the Brits competing in single projectile were not even allowed to practice in the UK!

Rob

NRA Benefactor Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Claybird,
Correct, our pistol team have to practice in France.
Only drug Barons allowed to use pistols in Britain.
Cannot imprison them due to Police not being paid enough overtime hours, crooked lawyers, stupid laws designed to protect criminals and then interference from European Court of Human Rights in Brussels??? Belgians can only make chocolates and Lager, yet we let them tell us what to do. That's why we still have to pay to keep Abdul Hamsar in prison and also support his twelve wives, numerous children and pay for houses to accommodate them all.
Here in Britain if a villain breaks into your house, rapes your wife and you shoot him dead , You got to prison for life for manslaughter, because you deliberately shot him, premeditated action, you actually meant to harm him.
A neighbour of mine shot a burglar as he tried to get away, hit him in the spine and paralysed him.
My neighbour went to prison for 12 years, his very successful car hire company went into recession, closed with the loss of 150 jobs. The Burglar sued and got 1million compensation for damages .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Apologies for my rant, maybe I should have started a new thread.
Please do not allow this to detract from Peter Wilson's superb result.
Congratulations to ALL Olympic medal winners and competitors you are THE best.

lagopus Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm with you there Salopian and I used to have the unenviable job of trying to enforce those laws.

One thing that puzzles me is what changes they had to make to the laws to allow the foreign competitors to shoot the target pistol matches. Target pistol shooting carries a 5 year minimum mandatory prison sentence here. So, are they going to have to miss the Rio Olympics and we keep them or what? I must ask my M.P. about that one. Another British cynic. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Claybird
This is the iplayer link...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ljylj/Olympics_London_2012_BBC_One_Day_6_13.4516.00/

just copy and paste it into your browser. It was nail biting stuff so well worth watching.
Not sure how long it will stay active.
John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: salopian
Apologies for my rant, maybe I should have started a new thread.
Please do not allow this to detract from Peter Wilson's superb result.
Congratulations to ALL Olympic medal winners and competitors you are THE best.

Quite all right. You're correct to rant, and topically you're spot on.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Salopian,

Quite right to rant.

I have never understood why all of the "loophole lawyers" and "weepeasy sociologists" are so sympathetic to the scum that afflict us all, but want to extract the last drop of blood from those who defend themselves.

At least in many of our States (usually, but not exclusively, in our South) in the last few years the legislatures are adopting so-called "Castle Laws," permitting use of force against these criminals.

Last edited by Claybird; 08/04/12 03:54 PM. Reason: typo

Rob

NRA Benefactor Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.