Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is clear on this thread is that BB hides behind the anonymity of the web. He says things to rile us up that he wouldn't dare say to our faces.

There is a word for that type of person. A few actually but today I'll go with coward. Sweep is not the only member here who would lay that coward out, were we to meet in the flesh.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow! no other gun in the world has generated as much forum attention as a mass produced slide action repeater.....that oughta tell ya something about the model 12's reputation. It seems like most of the posters on this topic started wingshooting life with a model 12 or some other slide action. We all weren't born with a Purdey stuck up our a** like Bilious B.

Anybody want to start a .410 forum? Count me in; I love that much maligned little round. I have to spend at least one to two days each dove season spanking them with one of my fo' tens

Sidelock
Sidelock

If I remember right, jOe lives mighty close to Memphis, and being so probably has a Bumper Jack loaded with Blue Whistlers not too far from his reach. smile

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

First shotgun I ever owned was an old pre WWI J Stevens 12ga double. 30" bbls bore M/F with a weight of about 7½ lbs. In 1956 when I was 18 years old I thought I needed something lighter, not so tightly choked & wit more firepower than a two-piper. I bought a 20ga 870 upon having read in Consumer Reports in my High School library from which I had just graduated that the 870 was the best buy in pump guns. I tried diligently to use it for three seasons, but on occasion would break out the old Stevens & always found I shot better with it than the pump in spite of its unnecessary weight & choking. In 1959 I traded it to a Parker Trojan 12ga, 28" M/F. From that day to this I have never owned another pump, nor had a desire for one, nor have I put any stock in Consumer Reports. I do truly wish I had that old Stevens back though. I have no idea what the outcome might of been had I bought either a M 12 or M 37, nor do I really care, a double is all I have ever wanted since.
I never kept shooting records as my shooting was virtually all hunting related, only clays I ever shot was from a Trius trap in a pasture. That said however the gun which for me had the best hit-a-bility of any I ever used was a 12ga J P Clabrough, back action extractor gun with 28" Damascus bbls bored ¼ choke in both bbls with a weight 2oz shy of 7 lbs. I only used it with 1oz low pressure loads @ about 1100-1150 FPS vel. Another gun I have uised extensively is an F Grade Lefever ejector for which I had a set of 26" steel bbls built in Italy in 1970 bored ¼ & 3/4 choke. This one weighs in @ 7½ lbs though so a little on the heavy side. I won't mention the loads it has handled, though some of them I would not currently recommend.
"IF" there are any corn-shellers out there with my name on them Y'all feel free to grab them up, I don't want them.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: postoak
If I remember right, jOe lives mighty close to Memphis, and being so probably has a Bumper Jack loaded with Blue Whistlers not too far from his reach. smile

When I whistle I prefer Super Black Eagles....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Me too

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
There is a word for that type of person. A few actually but today I'll go with coward. Sweep is not the only member here who would lay that coward out, were we to meet in the flesh.

Internet troll.
Usually a youngster (but in this case I am guessing the other extreme) who has an online version of "beer muscles." Every site has them.
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Difference from shuckin to shellin, Pipes!

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 12 gauge and a 16 gauge Model 12 and they are fine shotguns. I guess I'm not a true pumpgun man though, as those guys who are can really make their guns sing! I shoot best with doubles but the Model 12 will always have a place in my hunting.

Quid me anxias sum
Sidelock
Sidelock

I miss my old friend, Mr Thornhill.

He had wit & polish when it came to acerbic commentary.

As for my favorite non-double, ass't models of the stellar pump-guns noted have passed thru my hands, including the 16ga Model 31 over yonder in the corner.

I began with a Mod 195, 16ga Mossburg Bolt action, purchased for me by my father for my twelfth birthday, for fifteen dollars out of the well stocked pawnshops of the time. Young reflexes and LOTS of dry-fire practice eventually enabled me to handily shoot skeet doubles -- with all it's Polychoke and Monte Carlo comb glory.

It was my only shotgun, until I purchased a Model 100 Ithaca twenty upon return from the service. Which selection was due to a certain shotgun writer of the time, who was proclaiming the 3" 20 ga as more or less the answer all game needs. [Wallace Labisky?]

BTW, never bet on pheasants against a man who grew up on a North-Western Ohio farm during the Depression, and his full-choked single barrel ejector gun. Second shot? Right between the fingers of Dad's right hand, and delivered faster than all the uncles in the drive, with with their autos and pumps.

Seven year-old witness to the fact, me. The gun doth not make either the hunter nor the man by mere possession, but by it's use shall ye mark him.

Relax; we're all experts here.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.