April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Southern Sport, Momslefever, Ken Nelson, 1 invisible), 1,017 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,237
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi Guys, I'm looking at doing a duck/perdiz hunt in Argentina.
Has anyone used wingshooting-argentina , or jjcarceria? any other recommendations?
Thanks and shoot straight.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Improved Mod - Look into www.FronteraWingshooting.com 1-888-236-1033. Tomas Frontera works with a lodge 4-5 hours south of Airport called Santa Rita. Outstanding ducks and perdiz shooting. Shot there last May and will go back in 2013.
Dave

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've used Trek Safaris http://www.treksafaris.com/ for all sorts of South American adventures. Their combination hunt at Malaque (sp?) is outstanding...Geo

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Trek is hard to beat. Frontiers is another good one.

However, if its perdiz you wish; you may find it better in Uruguay. It is the world's best, IMHO. There are simply more birds there. Season is limited, so be sure you are booked at the correct time. Duck shooting is similar in both places.

Stay at one of the old estancias if at all possible, much more fun and all are historically significant of themselves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Check with Louis Seir, I am setting up my sixth trip with him and he is super. A friend in TX has been to Argentina 14 times and rates Seir #1. Check his web site for info.
bill

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Guys!

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looking for ducks and Perdiz ( and doves, why not?) in the same place narrows it down to a few places.
Check Detail company, they will have some options for a combo hunt, and know exactly what are the best options in any given year.
Drought affects ducks, and some years are better in some places than others, and these guys know it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

IM,

I've been twice with Luis Sier, of Sier safaris. Nothing you desire will be lacking. Oh, and no long drives to the shooting areas. That's very important.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For now I prefer the Sante Fe region of Argentina( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe,_Argentina ) for ducks and there are Perdiz in the old rice fields for some nice dog work. The morning duck hunt after breakfast is only a boat ride away. But a dove hunt might be a little trek. I guess the best possible scenario would be doves, ducks, Perdiz & pigeons but that might be tough to pull off.

Ah, on the outfitters it comes down to which one cozies(?) up to you best to separate you from your funds. My brace would be either SyC Sporting or Charles Arndt/Fin & Feathers Safaris just down the road from me in Birmingham, Alabama. I think he has an excellent place in Uruguay. But he keeps trying to get me to go to a duck hotspot on the coastal side of Peru or even into the Peru highlands for a variety between teal & Andean geese.

I like tw's old estancia idea.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

im,

You might want to talk with some outfitters about the time of year you want to do this . My two trips have both been in August. August is never a good time for perdiz, according to the outfitters.

In Cordoba, the best times for doves is mid-July through April of the next year.

In San Luis province doves are great year round, and ducks are best from May through August.

Not sure, but I think pigeons are not so "seasonal".

Our next trip will be for ducks and pigeons for two or three days, then do doves the last couple days. Thus, we will prolly go in August again, since those times overlap.

As said before, might be tough to get perdiz in, too.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.