May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (AGS, oskar, 1 invisible), 265 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,712
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Think of all the extra barrel work that went into making these guns. Those are some serious lumps of metal on the barrel breach.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: reb87
He takes pleasure in running other people and their guns into the ground

That's not true. I don't think I ran his gun into the ground.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its the rude way you communicate Joe, never a kind word, always assuming the thread starter is trying to rip somebody off or intentionally misrepresent a gun...Im just happy he took the time to post a very unique gun(even if he is selling it and maybe hoping to find a buyer here, you would jump to the conclusion that he is trying to rip Dave off) that is not easily accessed even at a big show. I didnt see any in vegas. Jared, the number is 5734...Did you notice the beautiful "wings" on your barrels leading up to the bolsters? Mine are just plain bolsters...I am one of those people who appreciate a unique design and will buy them even in really bad condition or missing parts just to examine... I also have 6745 which is one of the adjustable lump guns and it is one of the finest guns I own, these scotts are as well made as any guns at any price...

Sidelock
Sidelock

The sideplates dont really look polished to me, I think it is just reflection from the sun making it look like shiny spots. It is hard to get good shots that show detail but dont reflect bright light.

You should probably shoot some pics in sunny shade and have the pic show the sideplate from the edge of the stock to the beginning of the forend. This will show obvious difference in patina.

Sidelock
Sidelock

DGJ Autumn 2003 vol 14,issue 3, pages 23,24,25, serial 6531, it has barrel "wings" same shape forend release as yours(not quite as much engraving), just scroll engraving on plates, very nice gun

Last edited by reb87; 01/25/12 07:04 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: reb87
Its the rude way you communicate Joe, never a kind word, always assuming the thread starter is trying to rip somebody off or intentionally misrepresent a gun...

If anyone is assuming anything it's you....I never assumed that he was trying to misrepresent anything or rip anyone off.

Unlike some on here I have more interest in these old guns than just monetary value....but when asked I will offer my opinion on monetary value.

In all honestly I think in the condition and grade that I see the gun will have a tough time breaking 2 grande regardless of it's novelty.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Reb I'd say you got yours at a fair price.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I can assure you your gun is not a high grade Scott

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271080231

....the low quality of wood and the lack of engraving attests to that.

What does seem odd is the Premier grade forearm latch on a lower graded gun. As far as the full strapped pistol grip goes that's not that unusual.

I see where Kensal Rise estimated it's value at $7000.00. crazy

As far as his estimation of value....I predict one of three things.

1...Hopefully you will find a true W&C Scott collector that thinks he can't live without the gun and pay you an astronomical price for it.

2...You are prepared to sit on the gun for an extended period of time waiting on the above.

Or #3....You will come to the reality that Kensal could be as much as $5800.00 too high.

I stand by what I said.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You've done it to me Joe, on guns that I wouldnt consider selling...Ive seen you spread your drivel all over the classified forum as well. Perhaps if you could figure out how to be pleasant instead of antagonistic.....

Jared1 Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Ross, Thank you for you knowledge, expertise and pictures regarding this variation Scott. It is appreciated.
HJ, I don't really need $. Just some valid info.
JJV

Last edited by Jared1; 01/25/12 07:38 PM.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.