April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wild Skies, ithaca1, eeb), 1,041 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
Emails put things in writing.

They can be referred to once you receive a gun.

Any dealer selling stuff "As Is" is basically giving themselves a license to lie.

BTW: I think it's against the law to do, too, at least across state lines. I think some kind of an inspection period is part of most interstate commerce laws. Maybe one of the lawyers here could clarify.

OWD

There is no such law for a required inspection period.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
And AS IS - WHERE IS has been around a long time.

It may have been around for a long time, but it isn't necessarily what it used to be, either, thanks to consumer protection statues. States vary widely in what rights are provided by their consumer protection laws. Particularly in the consumer context, standard "As-is, where-is" disclaimers (even if signed and acknowledged by the buyer) may not be enough to protect a seller who knowingly sells a defective item.

Of course, in this particular case, you would have to first figure out which state's consumer protection laws applied to a sale over the internet.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
APS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am well aware of the laws and the application.

My problem with the initial post concerning as is was the inference that the seller was using this as a tool to mislead.

Posts like that with no knowledge cast a negative light. That should have never been stated concering this dealer unless there is some supporting evidence.

There are some dealers and sellers I will not deal with and will not reccomend based on personal knowledge. I will ask an opinion of a fellow Vintager as to dealer reccomendation. I WILL NOT make a statement that I cannot personally confirm.

Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

Patrick is a great guy to deal with, very honest and willing to go the extra to make a deal. If you want one of his guns you should call and talk to him. I have bought guns from him in the past and would give him my highest recommendation.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks again for the replies. Always interesting what direction they take off in sometimes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just bought this A. Zoli SLE from Patrick and so far everything's been great. They are also putting on a few more coats of oil on the stock (for free) and changing the recoil pad. I'll get the gun next week.

Adam

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.