April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hoot4570, drcook, obsessed-with-doubles), 924 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

DrBob, I would second the advice to look at Parallax's forums, or Gunboards. Lots of hard-core C&R guys on those sites, and they occasionally post inspection recaps.

Keep in mind that the purpose of an inspection, should one occur, is to ensure good record keeping- the same reason they inspect 01 FFLs. What the ATF really, really does not want is for licensees to be buying guns and distributing them willy-nilly to whomever with no records.

With regards to the CLEO notification....unfortunately mileage may vary by what jurisdiction you live in. When I had my license I lived in Maine, and CLEO notification went to a sergeant in the State Police who I am sure could care less. I do wonder if one might have some flexibility in determining the CLEO...and select the one that would minimize the hassle (ex. state police or county sheriff instead of local police). I dunno.

Sidelock
Sidelock

At the end of my first C & R license I had what you might term as an audit, it was very quick, all they wanted was to verify that you were keeping proper records and how many firearms you acquired and disposed, probably to insure that you were not operating as a dealer. There really is not a problem in California with C & R licensees, it is simpler than holding an 01 license. a COE simplifies intra-state purchases on long guns, renewal is 22.00 per year. Handgun transactions must go thru the DOJ stupidity.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can one do an "occasional" importation of a shotgun on a C&R?
nial

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can one do an "occasional" importation of a shotgun on a C&R?
I have imported 2 from Canada in the last couple of years. You have to do the ATF 6 form and have an importing agent. You cannot do it directly. However, the importing agent can then send a C&R eligible gun directly to you rather than a local 001 FFL.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

BATFE does not send "agents" to do audits of FFLs or C&R holders. They send "investigators" or "compliance inspectors". BATFE "agents" are the personnel who have actual arrest powers and are sworn federal law enforcement officers. Just FYI as that whenever people reference the word "agent" in association with BATFE, people automatically think the guys breaking down doors, throwing in a flash bang, and putting some perp face down and arresting them. That's not going to happen if during an audit, your books are found not in compliance with federal regulations.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.