May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, KY Jon, buckstix, old colonel, Ian Forrester, Tim Wolf), 494 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,456
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Start tuning up your flintlocks boys! We have been saying for years that smokeless powder is just a passing fad. Primers are laying on the ground. If necessary we can learn to make our own blackpowder again and shot can be made in the backyard from scrap lead (a nasty toxin found clinging to the wheels of most all automobiles so we can perform a public service by removing it) :-))

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe it was Senator Moinahan of NY who said something like "Don't take their guns away from them, there are too many guns, just don't let them have any ammunition."
It is a plot. If you can't win in a democratic way, be underhanded. Do we really have to start chasing cars? David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim,

If I didn't know better, I would think you are trolling.... Why are prices up? Because China is cornering the market on raw materials. And if any one thinks it is all going into playstations and xboxes....

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ahhhhhh, now I get it! It's the Democrats in China that are driving the price of ammo up!Led by that well known Chinese woman Hillary Cabela. Up the Revolution!!

Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

I knew that our superior intellegence gathering network would solve this mystery. Chairman Cabella had dertrmined that henceforth the only gauges of ammo to be manufactured will be 9, 13, 17, 25.

Just hang(?) in there: the price of copper on the world market is in free fall, and oil is already down to the low 50's. Remember the gloom and doom just weeks ago? Don't know about lead at the moment, but you can buy all the shot you want at $20 or so a bag at the local gunshop. I'm sure there's price gouging going on (when hasn't there been?) and prices never go down as fast or as far as they go up, but market forces of supply and demand will have their way eventually as they always do.
I'm sure one reason for all this is the crowd (that's us brother)laying in supplies of all sorts of things before Eva Pelosi and her running dogs get real bold about their brave new world.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys sure are entertaining....

Now I have to go home and tally my hoard...

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeh, I see my neighbor up the street has started his charcoaling op on what to all appearances was a neat suburban lot with predominantly "decorative" plantings. Small ball mills are available. The Lake Havasu types among us will want to be careful not to run afoul of their keepers.

jack

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Doom and gloom aside lead prices have been high before and came down into reasonable price ranges. When I first started reloading shot was $11.00 a hundred wt. and had not budged in price for years. We bought 100 pounds at a time. In ten years time it was $21.00 a bag and we had to buy a pallet to get that good price. Then five years later it was back down in the $11-12.00 a bag price. I seen several cycles of high and low shot prices.

Remember when Three Mile Island happened? They use the entire shot production for several months building a containment feild for that mess. All 6 or 7 1/2 as I remember. Came in truck loads and was dumped to enclose the mess. Should be able to get some of that surplus shot in another half-life time. Good shot for night time as it will still glow in the dark.

Buy shot when you can afford it and be happy. What else can you do for $20-30.00 and have so much fun? Load four boxes and shoot four rounds of skeet or trap. Clay target shooting is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment. Try fishing for $30.00 a day. Can not be done. Try hunting for $30.00 a day. Can not be done. Stay around the house and save $30.00 a day and the old fish will drive you to wanting to shoot someting or someone no mater the cost.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I really like coming here, but it's kind of sad that these shooting sites are just platforms to blast Democrats at every opportunity. This might come as a shock, but a huge number of Dems are pro gun/shooting/hunting. I too noticed the high prices in Cabela's, as I'm thinking about getting a bag of nickel plated shot and a powder scale. Blaming Dems for worldwide metal commodity prices however, especially in light of current events, is just silly.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.