April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Parabola), 1,075 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,170
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cliffh93 Wrote:- "300k rounds would produce over 9 TONS of lead. Surely some sort of reclamation occurs afterwards, that much material in that small of a space has to be worth something to somebody. If not, then there's no way to imagine a positive or neutral environmental impact here.

I shoot lead when allowed, and won't shoot steel in my old doubles. But if those days must come to a close, then I will shoot bismuth and move along with the times, and won't pine away for lead shot no more than I wish for the days of leaded gasoline, lead paint or lead in children's toys. We learn, we innovate, we get better."

A few facts to add to that.
Yes that is the approximate number of shots fired at Blenheim which has now occurred 3 times in the last 12 years, and NO reclamation has taken place at all.
The British Open Sporting Clays event is currently taking place at West Midlands Shooting Ground, Hodnet, Shropshire. Over 800 people entered shooting a minimum of 100 shots each plus Pool shoots, this ground has operated for over 50 years 5 days a week and NO reclamation has ever took place. It is a haven for wildlife and is as green as can be with woodland walks all around. If you log on to www.englishsportingclays.co.uk British Open Hodnet you can see a GoogleEarth photograph of this wonderful ground.
Greenies! Show me the Scientific evidence please.

Last edited by salopian; 09/04/11 03:05 AM.
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here is an updated Vintagers vendor list. As noted elsewhere on this site, Toby Barclay of Heritage Guns cannot make it and plans to be at the Fall Southern SXS instead:

Shooting Sportsman Magazine
Bruce & Joan Samuels
NRA Office of Advancement
RST Classic Shotshell Company

Additional Exhibitors
(as of September 16, 2011)
Check for up-dates

A. H. Fox Gun Collectors
Albright's Gun Shop
Allgood Associated Sports Suppliers
Barbara Nyholm
Bertie's Boutique
Best Guns Ltd.
Bill Curry
BraeVal
Conroy Engraving
Dave Riffle Gun Sales, Inc.
DoubleGun Cases
Dubarry of Ireland
EAR, Inc.
Famars USA
G. T. H. Preserve
German Gun Collectors Association
Great Bay Outfitters
Griffin & Howe
Gunnerman Books
GunsInternational.com
Heritage Guns
The Hunter Collection
Hunter Labels
Jerry Smith
John Liberati Books
J-Mar Enterprises/Krieghoff
L. C. Smith Collectors Association
Nickerson Sporting Collectibles
Robin Hollow Outfitters, Inc.
Ruffed Grouse Society
Schwandt Classic Arms
Stephen Cobb
The Stock Doctor
Trader Keith, Inc.
Turnbull Manufacturing
Vintage Firearms, Inc.
Vintagers, Order of Edwardian Gunners
The Virginia Sportsman Magazine
W. C. Russell Moccasin Company
William Larkin Moore & Sons, LLC

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Sidelock
Sidelock

Updated list of gun dealers and makers at the EPIC Game Fair(at least those of interest to this group). Hope I didn't miss one.

GUNMAKERS
Beretta
Benelli
Winchester
Caesar Guerini
Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company
Famars
Fausti
Perugini & Visini
Rigby Gunmakers
Verney-Carron

Gun Dealers
Game Fair Ltd.
Galazan
Greene's Guns
Griffin & Howe
Gulf Breeze Firearms
Guns International
Kevins Guns (Kevin's of Thomasville)
Osprey Arms LTD.
Robin Hollow Outfitters
Shooting Sportsman
Steve Barnett Fine Guns
Vintage Doubles
William Larkin Moore
Willoughby McCabe
[/u][u]

Sidelock
Sidelock

What is the gate fee at the EPIC game fair? There are some exhibitors that I would like to see. I'm always up for a visit with the P&V .600 Nitro and the latest Famars smallbores.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad to know Toby plans to be at the Southern Fall Classic in S.C. I'm really looking forward to it again.

You should try to drive over for it, Adam. You'd really enjoy it, I believe. It's even scheduled for the weekend AFTER the second dove season goes out here. What a deal! grin

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I set up at the Vintage Cup today. It will be a wonderful weekend. All vendor areas are on asphalt and under good tents. Plenty of good guns on display already.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just might Stan.... I just might!

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went to the Vintagers event today....I was there to just browse around the vendors as that I had to leave early to attend to other business. Some nice SxS guns being sold by the vendors. I'm not a hardcore SxS aficinano so I don't know if the pricing was anything to write home about. I will for sure attend this event next year. I just need to buy a SxS whistle

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting list of vendors. Will Ivory Beads be sitting out both shows?

DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

One of the sponsors told me the attendance at EPIC was about 5% of what the organizers had predicted. I hope the anti-lead shot folks at EPIC/SCI/QU got the message.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.