Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RMC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Recently I picked up the Win. Super Target loads, white box, from Walmart. Never noticed them before, so maybe they are new. The 20 ga. load is listed at 1200fps, 2 1/2dram, 7/8oz. load. They seem to be much lighter recoiling than the standard promo loads from Win,Fed,Rem. Anyone have any facts/experience on these loads? At $6.00 a box, it is a good standby when the reloader guy gets lazy. I tried the 12ga. also and they have the same mild recoil. Anyone?? Randy

RMC
Boxlock
Boxlock

I've used them in my .20 ga.Browning Cynergy & 'Bobwhite sxs and have had good luck with them & no recoil.They seem to work as well as my standard reload.I've reloaded the same 75 3 times so far with no problems.I keep 6/8 boxes in the gun room for the same reason you mentioned.I've used the .12 ga. # 8's in my Thomas Wild & 471 Silver hawk sxs's for skeet & some sporting clays with decent results.Have not reloaded any of the .12 ga. hulls yet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

lets hope that thomas wild is a fowling piece. not sure i would put low cost made for walmart ammo through old birmingham gun. i know 65mm case does not always mean low pressure but does lower velocity smaller payload mild recoiling 70mm cartridge indicate lower spec maximum avg. pressure. confused

Sidelock
Sidelock

We shoot them along with estate loads,...approx same price point. The targets dust or break O.K. when the shooter does his part. They seem very consistant and reliable. We do not keep score...only shoot for personal practice come bird season.....If I was shooting in any important match I may rethink load choice. Always test patern loads in the gun you are shooting if you want to know just how well they patern! Shotguns just like rifles can be fussy! When shooting pro-mo loads with you buds and you miss a gimme shot you can blame them *^#! dang cheap shells for it! Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like your experience has been good. How do they pattern in relation to the standard Winchester promo loads(which are a bit iffy as to pattern)? I may try some 20s for the upcoming Dove season(one month from today!).
Randy, it's hard to believe that a year has passed since I visited you in Michigan.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
Sidelock

I shot them last weekend at a Sporting Clays event. They are typical of soft lead, high pressure(IMO) Promo Loads. One failed to fire when the primer didnt ignite which caused me to miss two more in FITASC by just worrying about the next one. But, for the price they are just fine for practive under 30 yda.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That should tell you not to use cheap ammo if you are shooting for a serious score.

Ole Cowboy
RMC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Don, I've never entered a serious shooting competition in my life. My shooting is pure folly and the love of shooting the vintage guns. BTW, you missed a good summer for another visit. It has been real pleasant. Thanks all for the comments. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

Randy, my comment was directed to Stallones. Sorry, I should have been more clear.
Would have loved to come up there again this year, but we had an Arizona trip on the agenda this year. Wish you could have been there with us. You could have taken
some great pictures! Our friends that we stayed with in Cedar, MI last year, when went with us.

Ole Cowboy

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.