May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (smlekid, L. Brown), 990 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,543
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some time before the Chaddick BHE 0000 .410 was offered, Mike Weatherby advertised one for $16,500 in 1993 and apparently sold it. Have I ever seen one? A prototype was shown by Northeast Area Representative, the late Ray Stone, at a local gathering on August 31, 1988. A couple of us offered to buy the prototype, but Ray would not let it go. A friend and I placed an order for a consecutive numbered near matching pair, paid our deposits which were returned a couple of years later. Another person at the showing actually did receive his gun. Kevin McCormack and I cooperated on "The .410 Bore Parker" display at the Baltimore Show a few years ago where this gun and several other wonderful .410 Parkers were displayed. This was the annual Parker display that Kevin initiated many years ago. Among Parkers displayed were a production BHE 0000 frame, a 0000 frame gun sculpted and custom engraved by Geoffrey Gournet, a multi barrel DHE Repro set with .410 barrels, a VHE .410 Skeet with rare capped pistol grip in Abercrombie and Fitch trunk case and A&F accessories, a screaming GHE .410 field configured gun, and maybe others I can't recall. It was a display to remember.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to bring this thread up for further discussion if anyone would like to contribute.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you say 4-ought, quad-ought, zero zero zero zero, or double snake eyes?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been studying the repro's for several years now...best I can come up with is.. way less guns actualy did get finished in any BHE grades and any sets with 410 barrels. I beleive the listed numbers for the 410-s was pre-flud and some or several 410 barrels sets were lost. Only 30 sets of 410 barrels were to have been completed when the factory closed. Of them 30 some were lost to the flud. I know of 9 DHE guns by S.N. I think 5 to 10 A-1 exist and only a couple BH grades. As for the 0000 frame prototype, the one Chadicks sold was listed as the only one made!....still a 2nd 0000 gun may exist? If I was a betting man I would say 15-20 guns or less total exist in 410 gauge! Of the ones that I know of only 4 DH grades have two triggers all the rest have been single. Two of those four are for sale as I write this. I will continue to keep track of any 410 guns that come up for sale by S.N. and or discription (if posible). I own two DH grade DT-PG 28/410 sets at this time, one has 2 splinters and the 3 barrel set has two BTF. My two barrel set is as new with little to no use showing and my 3 barrel set Im shooting...(-: it shows loss of color case and some light scuffs. Its 6lbs-4oz. I can't beleve how many sporting clays the 410 can break...would not have ever guesed! thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of your figures may be correct or close, but there are more than two BHE 0000 frame .410s because I have seen more than two and popular information shows 33 with 100 more unfinished. The unfinished guns are either now finished, in progress, or still in the hands of the Skeuse family, according to what I have heard. The Sisley article cites information from the Skeuse family and is probably the best information we have. Why are you quoting Chaddick when you know he is wrong? What is your logic in saying that "I have only seen one, so there is only one, except that there may be one more."? There is no evidence that the Chaddick gun was a prototype and there is no evidence that there are any fewer BHE 0000 .410s than Sisley cites.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, "Four Oh" is popular.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have talked with Skues...there are no more guns or parts to make anything.... make it sound like there is a underground factory pumping out repro's from stollen parts...I beleive there are less guns than some may think. Maybe a couple more that escaped we dont know about?? but a possible 30 410 sets would be real close guess, probably some of them were lost in the flud. I based my BHE statement on claimed letters of fact from Skues family to the sellers of guns that have been advertized in recent days. I did not see the letters or any real proof. But this is all we have to go on at this point in time. Anyone can make a letter or claim anything. Fact is few ever come up for sale in any B grade. I do not think the stated 100 B grades in each gauge ever were made. Few 28 gauge B grades were made acording to letters from Skues of a seller??,.. statements like one of one ect.? ....No one knows the true facts at this time!!!I don't, we only can speculate and gather known facts. I wonder if ATF would open the records that all gun mnf. have to keep. They would have been forwarded to ATF after Parker Reproductions stoped selling and ended operations. Thats how they trace guns if need be. Example...if a Parker repro was used in a crime they get the S.N. from the gun and call the trace center, then the dealer who recieved it, then the buyer ..on and on ect. This bound book would show all the guns P.R. made and ware they shiped to by S.N. and gauge. As a gun dealer I keep a bound book, all guns that we get are loged in from wholesaler or seller then out to the buyer??? We keep these books till we end buisness then they must be sent to the trace center for future needs. Maybe they have these books from P.R., Who do we know that could get this info from the tracing center in virginia??? Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sir, if the Skeuse family surrendered their records to ATF, we will never see them. We don't know whether their manufacturer's license is still active and I don't expect them to tell you about that either. "There are no more 0000 frame .410s left." sounds like a stock answer. I believe what you call the "trace center" is in West Virginia. Since you live right across the state line, why not run on over and knock on the door? I've been there and it is a friendly little place.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is additional info to considder....A letter of proof..HMMMM See this new listing on gun broker started on 5-8-10 auction no.= 168492700 BHE 410/28, 00 frame with 0000 barrels. Listed as the only one in the world! One of only 7 BHE-s made??? This is the only BHE I have ever come across in the past 5 years of study. Could it be true??? Chaddicks BHE was to have been a prototype with a true 0000 frame and also listed as one of one??? Still studying this...any additional info will be most usefull. thanks Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would much rather have a four oh frame .410 than this gunbroker gun. I have a 28 gauge double oh frame DHE Repro, don't need another. The gunbroker gun is a really nice gun, but not for $32,000.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.