May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (Borderbill, Birdog, Kip, LRF, Fudd, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 929 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,843
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#183918 03/25/10 08:42 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Has anyone used eye exercise DVDs? I am looking for a good one and don't want to waste my time on something useless. Thanks for any input. Mike

bonehill #183922 03/25/10 08:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've thought about this for some time and I still cannot tell if it is a joke or not.

Eye exercise DVD? Isn't that like lung cancer prevention cigarettes?

GregSY #183932 03/25/10 09:30 PM
jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

bonehill,

My better half is currently a few days into rebuildyourvision.com program. Supposed to reduce need for glasses in about 30 days. We'll see, but thought I'd pass along.

Best,
jerry

jmc #183938 03/25/10 10:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Find one of those joints that has women dancing fabric free, it may not help you vision, but might be worth a try.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

postoak #183966 03/26/10 10:14 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Find one of those joints that has women dancing fabric free, it may not help you vision, but might be worth a try.

That may promote eye strain!! laugh

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
postoak #183969 03/26/10 10:23 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

A few years ago I had a session with a gun fitter and he told me that when he was taking shooting lessons the coach told him to "focus" and he had no idea what that meant. He began working with major league ball players and was told by the good hitters that when they could see the stitches on the baseball anytime after the ball left the pitchers hand, they could get a good hit and often a home run.
The fitter went on to say that to shooter's "focus" meant being able to see a small area of the bird or target and that area appears to be as big as a softball. He gave me some exercises, one of which is when riding as a passenger in a car, concentrate on the rivets attaching the small roadside reflectors that are present on secondary roads. I practice doing that and after a few days the reflectors were huge and that was all that I could see. I have been able to "focus" the stitching of fast balls thrown by AAA little league kids, the white ring on pheasant and the heads of smaller birds. Small birds are everywhere, try and focus on their heads as they fly by. It's an amazing thing when it all comes together.
Please disregard if I have misunderstood your request for eye exercises.

Jim
wyobirds #183983 03/26/10 01:20 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been playing around with this a bit without benefit of a DVD because I noticed over the last year or so that the print in magazines, books, and newspapers along with the numbers on those little fuses on PLC outputs just aren't as large and clear as they used to be.

I alternate between trying to focus on something close in and then on something at a distance. I think it may be helping, but I probably should do it several times a day.

I bought a couple pairs of those cheap reading glasses, +1.25 and +1.50 magnification, and they do make small print look like it did years ago. But when I take them off, I notice fine print is blurrier than when I first put them on, so I worry that they are like a crutch that one could become entirely dependant upon.

Since muscles in our eyes vary the curvature of the lens for near and far sighted vision, it makes sense that strengthening those muscles would be beneficial. And it seems artifically assisting those muscles may make them lazy. Someone with a vested interest in selling corrective lenses may disagree. I'd like to see a comparison of vision testing of 75 year old Americans vs. 75 year old Aboriginees who never saw eyeglasses.

No, I AM NOT squinting as I type this. Always think positive!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #184000 03/26/10 03:34 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, I tried focusing on the signpost screws all the way home for lunch. After a coupla blocks, I could see them just fine, nuts and bolts both...almost had a wreck though, and I think I got a migraine coming on...Geo.

bonehill #184002 03/26/10 03:51 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The reason I brought this up is because I saw an add for Phil Kiner's DVD on exercises and was wondering if it were another fly by night DVD. It's like everyone has something going right now. Mike

bonehill #184011 03/26/10 05:07 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

bonehill,

Interesting post. I have wondered the same thing about these programs. I am 58 and my vision, though not as good as it was 15 years ago, is not too bad. Mostly interested in this as it pertains to shooting birds or clays, which is where I would most like to improve my vision. However, what wyobirds said about seeing the stitching on a fast ball is not fantasy. While fairly good eyesight is a prerequisite, or at least corrected eyesight, learning to focus intently on the bird is more important than perfect eyesight for good shooting. After striving to learn how, I can now see the rotation of a standard clay bird much of the time. The bird seems to slow down and actually seems larger than normal. This is at reasonable distances, now, not at 80 yards. I have also learned to see the shot swarm in the air much of the time. This is greatly dependent on the background and the lighting conditions, but it is a great aid in helping a struggling shooter determine where he/she missed. I can never see my own shot, but can see others' pretty often. I shoot with a couple other close friends who can do the same thing, and I'll tell you, it is a great aid to helping each other. We don't even suggest where the other may have missed if we can't see his shot. Again, it does not require great eyesight, or some super-human ability, just learning what to look for.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.