May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,136 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,513
Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown

I would note that the thread on DT Repros does not include ANY reports of trigger issues--not even if the guns only required cleaning.

That is not a revelation, thats pretty much a given.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
Sidelock

Single trigger 28ga. owned from 1996-2001. Extensively hunted. Never had a problem. I'd give my left one to have it back for what I sold it for....

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I believe that I HAVE stated that problems are usually minor. Heck, I even mention that SKB owners--less problematic than Repros--occasionally report doubling, usually when they use heavy loads. So it's not like I'm picking on Repro SST's. Once more, guys, I really LIKE the guns!

Larry, Larry, Larry...DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!

I will admit, you did state one time, and one time only, that I can recall---and that was a very long, long time ago, you went down on record stating that the SST Repro problems were usually taken care of with a simple cleaning. Here's a friendly reminder: from this moment going forward, Don and I will be monitoring each and every one of your posts just to make sure you toe-the-line regarding this issue. Please, in future discussions regarding SST Repros, qualify your statements---and for your wellbeing, do not slip up! DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE! wink

Now, if you want to bring up issues with SST'ers and SKB's...I once owned an Ithaca/SKB Model 400 that developed a doubling problem, no one that I knew of could get it fixed, subsequently I was able to dump it. If that gun had been a Parker Repro, it probably never would have had the problem, but if it did, all it probably would have taken was a strip and clean to solve it. Maybe we should start a new thread..."Calling all SKB SINGLE TRIGGER owners!". wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Greg, since all SKB's (except the Royals) are SST guns, wouldn't "Calling all SKB SINGLE TRIGGER owners!" be redundant? smile And you must not have responded to my long ago (I think I did the articles in Shooting Sportsman on SKB's in about 2003) SKB trigger thread.

It's amazing, Don, even though you admit that it's a "given" that DT guns have fewer trigger issues than ST guns, that some people will continue to protest when someone points out problems with the specific ST in question. So it's "only" a strip and clean that's required? Well, how about if the owner takes it to Dick the Ham-Handed Gunsmith? Even Greg admitted previously that the wrong smith might make a simple problem worse. And there are quite a few reports, right on this thread, of that "simple" problem. I'm not going to figure the %, but if we assume there are maybe 10,000 SST Repros out there and the rate of "simple problems" runs the same as it has on this thread, then you're talking about hundreds of "simple problems".

Since the DT option is available, one can hardly dispute the advice that the best way to avoid the ST issue is to buy a DT gun.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I look at the SST Repro issue similarly to that of changing the oil in your vehicle. Should we stop buying vehicles because they may need the routine maintenance of an oil change?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, ALL vehicles need oil changes. From the threads on SST and DT Repros, it would appear that not ALL Repros need routine trigger maintenance. Why not buy the one that doesn't need routine trigger maintenance?

The thread we should start--and one that's always intrigued me--is this: why are SST's on OU's less problematic than those on sxs? Is it some inherent design issue?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I apologize for my innability to post the following picture of a panel of Parker Repro SST owners discussing the possibility of problems with their guns. Perhaps someone with some computer saavy can help.

http://newzar.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/hear-see-speak-no-evil1.jpg

Apparently there are three things you don't discuss in polite company. Politics, Religion and Parker Repro SST's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The thread we should start--and one that's always intrigued me--is this: why are SST's on OU's less problematic than those on sxs? Is it some inherent design issue?

I would refine the question: "Why are SSTs on Beretta 68Xs and Browning Citoris and Superposeds less prblematic than those on SxSs?"

I have had trouble with the triggers on a Berretta ASE 90 Gold Trap, a Beretta SO5, a Marocchi, an SKB and probably others I can't remember right now. The regulars at the gun club mainly shoot Perazzis. About half of them carry a spare trigger plate assembly to pop in when the original goes out. But the guys shooting the Bertta 68Xs and the Brownings shoot them forever.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Other than SKB OU's, with which I've never had problems, I haven't owned any of the guns you mentioned, Mike. Several Beretta 686's (and predecessors) and Citoris, 101's, a couple Superposeds. I did have problems with a FAIR failing to fire the 2nd barrel if I shot the top barrel first. Only OU ST issue I can recall. (And on FAIRs, DT's were an option.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some years ago, I and two of my hunting friends shot Citoris on days too bad to take out a nicer gun. From time to time we all had problems with the safety/barrel selector. Sometimes it would jamb between safe and the barrel being selected. Don't know if this has been fixed as I haven't had a Citori for decades.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.