May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Fudd), 234 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,168
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dont sweat Fabarm parts,coil springs are easy fix,theyll go before any parts.
If you are shooting 90`s you wont notice the recoil so much.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun fit is part of the answer, but not all of it. The heavier the gun, the lower the recoil, and a good recoil pad (Limb Saver or Kick Eez) reduces felt recoil. A "Dead Mule" or similar recoil reducing device will help. Smaller shot charges and/or lower velocities reduce recoil further yet.

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mike cross
I shoot a FABARMS Sporting Clays O/U and find my felt recoil is signicantly lower than my Belgium Browning Broadway. Some folks say they have guns which kick less than others, I thought it might be a function of changes in newer designs but I recently tried a B. Rizzini Veritex which I was considering buying but I encountered significant face splap with that gun. I am looking to replace the Fabarms as the guns are no longer imported into the United States. What do you guys think?

I shoot a fitted B Rizzini BR 320 with no issues whatsoever. Don't even wear a shooting vest or pad.

Best,

Quailnut

Virtute et Labore
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My inquiry was based on the observation of a fellow shooter that another's Citori XT hardly kicked and a recent review in December/January editon ClayShootingUSA on the Antonio Zoli Kronos and how all the shooters testing this gun commented on the low perceived recoil. The benefits of a well fitted gun and additional weight to tweek the Mass times velocity equation are not lost on me. But we all know some guns kick less than others. Why is it? I have extended forcing cones in most of my guns and some extension and possibly an overbore (tribore barrel) in my FabArms Sporting Clay and I have less perceived recoil than my Belgium Browning. What took me back was the recoil I felt in the Rizzini Veritex which is a new target gun which seemed to fit me and which should have all the cone and bore work done at the factory. But it slapped me.
But is it more than this?
I have an acquaitance who told me when he went through the Berreta factory he saw workers selecting stock blanks. As they sorted blanks the supervisor would look at a blank and say "that's a kicker" or "that will be a soft shooter", or how ever they say it in Italian. Is it just luck we find the shoft shooter, even within the same model, or could we actually say all such models are "soft shooters"?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Try a Cynergy.

Just shoot one, and report back.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Weight, load and gun fit. Physics. Period.

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Boxlock
Boxlock

Weight of the gun, density of the wood, geometry of the gun, fit of the gun and the load should cover most of the variables.

The Weatherby Mark V stock was designed to reduce the perceived recoil. This was accomplished by changing the stock geometry to reduce the direct recoil, it gives a glancing blow rather than straight on.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mike cross
My inquiry was based on the observation of a fellow shooter that another's Citori XT hardly kicked and a recent review in December/January editon ClayShootingUSA on the Antonio Zoli Kronos and how all the shooters testing this gun commented on the low perceived recoil. The benefits of a well fitted gun and additional weight to tweek the Mass times velocity equation are not lost on me. But we all know some guns kick less than others. Why is it? I have extended forcing cones in most of my guns and some extension and possibly an overbore (tribore barrel) in my FabArms Sporting Clay and I have less perceived recoil than my Belgium Browning. What took me back was the recoil I felt in the Rizzini Veritex which is a new target gun which seemed to fit me and which should have all the cone and bore work done at the factory. But it slapped me.
But is it more than this?
I have an acquaitance who told me when he went through the Berreta factory he saw workers selecting stock blanks. As they sorted blanks the supervisor would look at a blank and say "that's a kicker" or "that will be a soft shooter", or how ever they say it in Italian. Is it just luck we find the shoft shooter, even within the same model, or could we actually say all such models are "soft shooters"?

Hi Mike,
Gun reviews are often just reworded factory release bulletin BS. If the manufacturer claims his new wonder gun will shoot around corners, the "gun expert" writer will likely report it that way. The only way that Italian supervisor could honestly claim this blank will be a kicker and that one will be a soft shooter is if there's a big difference in weight between the two pieces of wood. Even then, if the difference between the finished stocks is only a few ounces, the difference in true recoil will be small. Felt recoil is a real thing but the term is very often misused by the mfgr. or barrel jockey to explain the unprovable and physically impossible.

> Jim Legg <

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.