May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (UncleKP, 1 invisible), 850 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,853
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#159944 09/04/09 04:02 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

what that gun in the movie you just saw was? Here is a great site where you can find out who used what. 8)

MOVIE GUNS

Check out the 8 gauge in "Apaloosa".

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a neat site. Thanks Bob

Regards, Gordon

Our Dogs make our lives better
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's actually kind of disappointing about the 8 gauge.....

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have wonder about the rifle carried by Paul Newman's character John Russel in the film HOMBRE. It appears to be a Winchester "66 Yellow Boy, with a half magazine, but it looked like it used 45-70 cartridges? That is what the character carried in the cartridge belt?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I knew I had the "double gun disease" when I was looking at news photos of Dick Cheney after his unfortunate hunting accident, trying to identify his gun. I would still rather go hunting with him than Obama.

Last edited by keith; 09/04/09 08:07 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They even mention when Tom Cruise says in "A Few Good Men" that Lt. Col. Markinson shot himself in the head with a .45 caliber pistol, when in fact it was a Beretta 92SB. They don't mention what SXS shotgun Burl Ives used in "A Big Country" when he walks in on the party. I always wanted to know that. It almost looks like a 21. Thanks for the info, Bob.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ben-t
I have wonder about the rifle carried by Paul Newman's character John Russel in the film HOMBRE. It appears to be a Winchester "66 Yellow Boy, with a half magazine, but it looked like it used 45-70 cartridges? That is what the character carried in the cartridge belt?

Maybe just for the "looks" effect? I read a while back on another board that the Mares Leg that Steve McQueen carried in "Wanted, Dead or Alive" was a Win '92 that would have been a pistol caliber, but his belt was full of 45-70's too.
My opinion is that most in Hollywierd don't have a clue when it comes to guns, and/or think the rest of us don't either. Good news tho, recently some of the directors have been hiring folks that actually have an idea what is period correct, and what goes together. Ever notice in some of the old Civil War era westerns the guys are using Colt SAA's and Winchester 92's and 94's?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I always liked the trapdoor Springfields and the Colt Peacemakers in the early Civil War dramas. I did appreciate the authenticity of the Spencer carbine that Morgan Freeman carried in the movie "UNFORGIVEN".

BTW BOB: That is a great site. Thanks for posting!

Best Regards,George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Old Dick "The Weasel" Cheney was using a Beretta 28 gauge O/U when he shot the Texas lawyer whilst quail hunting (without a valid non-resident license, by the by- talk about RHIP-- I don't believe our new boy POTUS is much on guns and hunting however- I always wondered why the first Yalie Bush Prez. picked a school-boy numbnutz from Indiania who took Murphy brown to be a real person- and then the second Yalie Bush Prez. picks a "Dutch Uncle" like Cheney--who ripped through Washington D.C. like he ripped through Duncan, OK when he was a Head Honcho of Halliburton-

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Fox, for that info. The photos our local papers ran must have been file photos, for they showed Cheney carrying a SxS double. The O/U explains a lot. Probably had one of those large and cumbersome beavertail forends which obviously obscured our former VP's view of his hunting buddy.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.