May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
11 members (Guy Ave, CJ Dawe, battle, Hammergun, Argo44, 2 invisible), 1,108 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,528
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#157525 08/10/09 07:49 PM
zwego Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am looking for any experiences (good or bad) relative to the 12 gauge RBL for sporting clays. I had posted earlier and several people replied but I was curious if there are any others with experience. I am planning to buy one (30" barrels, single trigger, pistol grip configuration) for sporting clays sxs events but am looking for any additional info. As always, any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Z

Sidelock
Sidelock

Get the beavertail for sure. Consider 32" barrels also.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you car coming to the Vintage Cup in September at pintail point, they [CSMC] will have some samples available.

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless there is a special class for RBL's, I dunno why it would be any different than any other shotgun. Configuration is personal choice.........If you really want to get confused, try and follow the thread on Beavertail vs Splinter forends.

Boxlock
Boxlock

I just received my RBL that I ordered primarily for sporting clays. I have a number of older SxS's that I normally shoot along with a couple of newer Merkel's. But I wanted to give my older stuff a break from sporting clays and while I love the Merkel's they are a bit on the light side even using 7/8 oz. loads. My RBL is 32", splinter and straight stock with double triggers. It's a bit heavier at 8 lbs, 6 oz. than I hoped but it works well at sporting clays. Robert Krull

Sidelock
Sidelock

I received my RBL-12. It has 32", BTFE, PG, VR, and DT. Yup, I just like double triggers! The weight is 9 pounds 3 ounces. It's heavy but swings nicely. If I could reorder this gun I'd forget the vent rib. It does little good in my opinion. Others may think differently.

One note: The triggers are both exactly the same weight with very little creep! They break cleaner than most the match .45's and M-14's which I shot a couple decades ago.

Last edited by MarkOue; 08/11/09 11:37 AM.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark, I shot my RBL 12 ga last Sunday. It is a heavy gun, too, just under 9 pounds, with no vent rib and SST. I enjoyed it immensley with it chewing up old high pressure shells that I do not use in the older vintage doubles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

MarkQue, If you could would you post some pictures of the RBL ventilated rib? Is the top flat and matted or concave? The pictures on the website showing the ventilated rib suck. I plan on ordering one in the same configuration as you did but was leaning towrd the concave rib.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Ithica NID 4E below sounds very much like the handling dynamics of some of the RBL's above. It works well for me. Anyone going to have such a gun at the VC? I'd love to measure it.

Ithaca NID 4E BLE Trap #457465 SST w/ CSMC 1 1/2"pad + 5/8" spacer: Weight = 9# 2 oz, balance = 5 1/2" to trigger, unmounted swing effort = 2.95, mounted swing effort = 11.73, half weight radius = 12.24, guage = 12, bbl length = 32", LOP = 15 5/8"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of another tour through the CSMC facility and all I can say is WOW! They are really gearing up for some great stuff. The RBL's lined the walls in the gunroom. I got to see how the RBL's are made and was also surprised of all the hand fitting that is involved with them. Every part of the gun is made in house. I watched barrels being made from a solid rods of steel in one machine and also how the parts are cut from a plate of steel with laser machines. The laser engraving machines were also really cool to observe as were the stock cutters and checkering machines. There were many new CNC machines in the shop since my last visit. They also looked like they doubled their workforce. There must have been around 40 guys working on the guns. They are also building a new gun room that will really be impressive. CSMC must be doing pretty well in this economy in order to keep expanding like that. If anyone is ever near their facility, you owe it to yourself to visit. They are extremely accomodating and gracious hosts. Oh, and I also got to see the progress of my Model 21. The wood was spectacular and it was all ready to go to the engraver. It was neat to view pics of engraving that I would like for my gun. Stay tuned.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.