May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (12boreman, Vol423, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 208 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,881
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#145688 04/27/09 11:16 PM
Cugir Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I got two DB's tonight. One was supposed to be a Jam bufalo imperial but it ended up being a beristain bufalo imperial.

(correction...just looked at the receiver...it says Jam...hummmmmm. The barrels say beristain. I also have a ARAMBERRI 56, and a Union armera grulla. They are all marked 12 70....Are these the dasterdly 70's doubles?) These guns seem to be decent workmanship. Am I fooling myself?

Was a little disappointed in such a beautiful gun with a couple nasty dings in the barrel. Ran a socket with some masking tape on one side and whammo...the dings came out and the bores look very nice. It actually smoothed the outside of the barrel pretty well...a little touch up blue and it won't be very obvious.

I know little about DB's. What's the little arm on the left hand side. It swings around...what's it for? It's on the left side lock plate.

Anyone got an idea what I have? It even has a jade ft sight bead. [img]http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?p=837755#post837755[/img]

Last edited by Cugir; 04/28/09 12:40 AM.
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, the markings 12/70, means 12ga with 70mm chambers (2 3/4").

As to your Beristain, if you could post some pics of the bbl flats, we can get a lot of info to help ID the maker and year it was made. Can't pull up any pics from your link. The lever is your detachable sidelock screw. It allows you to take off the sidelocks without the use of a screwdriver.

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret

I have seen one other Beristain, a 12 gauge double. It also had some marking in Spanish "Gunmaker to the royal house." I have no idea as to which royal house. The gun wss rather plain, but well made with sling swivels so I assume European origin. I know nothing more about the name. A google search brings up litlle. Regards and best of luck finding out more.

Exorcisms performed cheaply. "We get the Hell out!"

BTW googling Beristain escopeta brings up several photos and discussions of the model including the Buffalo. Better get out your English-Spanish dictionary though.

Exorcisms performed cheaply. "We get the Hell out!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was an Armeria Beristain y Cia of Barcelona, Spain in the early 1900s and seems to have slipped into obscurity some time in the early 1930s. They were assoicated/peddled Bufalo pistols by Gabilondo y Urresti also in the early 1900s. Other pistol models were Ruby and Danton but I haven't found any info on scatterguns.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Cugir Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Here's three receiver's with markings...

1. Jam imperial (the barrels are marked beristain)
2. Union armera 210E
3. Aremberri 56

The receivers are on the link below. You've got to log into gunboards to see pics. Someone posted a site on gunboards with codes but I only see a few listed. Thanks!

The barrels on the jam show P1 (also says jam on the barrel flat)...1971? M1 on the union armera? 1967? L1 on Aremberri 56? 1966?

Did Jam make a decent top of the line gun? It's got a Jade front sight....that seems very unusual. Could the earlier versions have been better guns? The quality seems much better then todays guns along with the over all metal. It looks like a better quality then todays guns. Did Jam start making DB's in 1970? It looks so good...I know looks can be decieving. The Union armera 210E Seems like the best craftsmanship of the three...jeweled receiver and barrel hook.

[img]http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?p=839230#post839230[/img]

Last edited by Cugir; 04/28/09 11:22 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.