doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bczrx JP Sauer & Sohn shotgun info for early 1960s? - 05/07/19 06:15 AM
Hello,

I am looking for any info on the JP Sauer & Sohn SxS shotgun lineup offered in the early 1960s.

I specifically have a Model 60 Deluxe, and I have a 1-page advertisement that identifies the changes from the Model 60. The Model 60 Deluxe is a 12g with something like 28" tubes [Full/mod], with beavertail forend and single trigger.

However, I don't know if this was the Model 60 was their entry level SxS, or a mid-level?

I don't know if it was aimed at upland hunting, pigeons, or sporting games.

Also, I don't know about shot weight through it.

Anyone who has some insight into the Model 60 Deluxe [or even Model 60] JP Sauer SxS from the early 1960s- I would appreciate any info you can share.

thank you
Hi!
The Stoeger Arms Corporation catalog Shooters Bible for 1960 Edition lists the JP Sauer # 60 side by side shotguns with two models listed as the Model 60 and the model 60 Deluxe
Model 60 priced at $ 158.00 in 12, 16 & 20 gauge all with double triggers, extractors and game scene engraving.
The 12 was offered with 30" barrels M and F; same for 28 " barrels; the 26 " barrels were offered in IC and M.

The Model 60 Deluxe was offered with a non selective single trigger, automatic ejectors, game scene engraving and beaver tail forend.
The price was $ 238.00.

Weight about 6.5 lbs with 12 bore 28" barrels for both models.
The chamber length is not mentioned but since it was being sold in the American gun market I assume it has 2.75 inch chambers in all gauges. No listed shot weight that was recommended.
It appears to have a European butt stock with drop at comb of 1.75" & 2.75" at the heel.Length of pull 14.25"
Jim
Thank you!
bczrx,
I was hoping someone else with knowledge of J.P. Sauer s x s shotguns would have responded to your post with additional info.
The 1957 Shooters Bible lists two Sauer s x s models:
Sauer Model 8 DES available in 12 or 16 gauge with a selective single trigger and ejectors priced at $ 355.00
Sauer model 8 available in 16 or 20 gauge with double triggers and extractors priced at $ 148.00
Same model with ejectors priced at $ 238.00
All were available with Arabesque engraving
The catalog also showed better engraving available.
Jim
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com