doublegunshop.com - home
any info is appreciated.
I am speculating a between the wars rifle. S Bore , I measured it

they are on the bottom of the receiver of this rifle

barrel markings include

Now that's a full palette of mechanics marks. Can you rotate the tube once more as there may be a date code there w/ the mm bore marks.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
there you go.
any ideas?
Looks like there might be a maker's mark on the other flat of the tube. It wears the 4000 atm test plus has the dim in mm so post 1912 & pre 1923 for Suhl. Ford might be able to narrow the date.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
I would have to date it between 1912 and 1922 incl.( I would normally say " after 1911 and before 1923"). The nominal cartridge marking is interesting. The M88/ 8 is normally the J bore cartridge, but maybe this is modified by the SG which is stamped next to it. It seems reasonable( since "slugging showed .323" grooves") to read that as "Spitzer Geschoss", which was the S bore. The M88 would indicate an early date, but so many workers marks indicates a military surplus action, which would be post 1918. " you pays your money and takes your choice".
Mike
no indication of maker??
Look below the serial number on barrel
and same on action flat above the e.

http://www.shotguns.se/html/german_trademarks.html
What is the mark lower on the tube from the number of serialization?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
To my untrained eye, that doesn't look like a Guild rifle. The bolt handle knob is obviously not military. The full length photo looks like an ordinary pre-WW I Mauser sporter, as the serial number would also indicate. What is on the left side of the receiver?
Xausa is right about the form of the bolt handle, When you show the left side of the receiver, also check the back side of the magazine box. Also, Are the set triggers built into the triggerguard or are they in a separate unit, pinned into the trigger guard?
Mike
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com