doublegunshop.com - home
.... about layout of combination guns, I mean.

9.3x74R, 5.6x50R Mag and 20×76, by Joh. Outschar, Ferlach, from 22nd Joh. Springer's Erben Classic Auction catalouge. Do you call that an over/between/under, lol? Looks like one or both of the rifle barrels can be free-floating, but the height of the action could be a problem.
Posted By: Ger Re: And just when you think you know it all... - 04/21/17 05:21 AM
>>>Do you call that an over/between/under, lol? <<<
The name is Bockdrilling.
Bockdrilling is a correct name but better is a vertical bockdrilling because in the usual configuration of the barrels the smalest rifle barrel is a longside the other barrels.
Marc.
I was just trying to be funny, guys:) of course the correct name is "Bockdrilling" - that's how it was signed in the catalogue, too - and if you ask me, this gun deserves the name of "Bockdrilling" more than the more traditional Bockdrilling configuration with the smallest rifle barrel to the side. By the way, the latter is identified by the same catalogue as "Triumphdrilling-bockdrilling".

Why I posted this image is that I never cease to be amazed at the variety in which Continental combination guns come.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com