doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dilly541 Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 01/29/17 02:25 PM
Hey fellas. Anyone know anything about the older Blaser model B95? I am looking at one in 16ga x 5.6x50R mag. Interested in knowledge/opinions.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 01/29/17 05:44 PM
Dilly541,
If you can stand the price, all Blasers are great, and the chamberings are some of my favorites. The 5.6x50R is a 222 Mag/223 class cartridge, from about 1968/9. I load mine with 60 gr. Nosler partition bullets and have taken a couple whitetails with it.
Mike
Posted By: Ger Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 01/29/17 05:50 PM
See here:
http://www.blaser.de/index.php?id=56&L=1
Posted By: Dilly541 Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 01/29/17 06:39 PM
Danke gentlemen. The price is fairly high for a plain model B95 but it has a claw mounted 2-7 scope too.
Posted By: Dilly541 Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 03/20/17 02:06 AM
I ended up negotiating a fair price for the gun. I'm excited to get it. Once I do, brace yourselves for questions. It's a "prestige" model and is relatively basic, but should fill my needs.
Posted By: Dilly541 Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 04/01/17 01:39 PM
Well, I have it home now. I decided to freshen up the stocks a bit and removed them right away. This particular B95 is an older version where the forend comes off with a screw, not a quick detach lever. One thing that has me stumped is I can't determine if the gun breaks down. It doesn't extend open like a traditional break-open gun and I don't want to force anything. does anyone have any experience with this model of Blaser?

Closed

Open. This is as far as it goes.

Here are the internals in case anyone is interested.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 04/01/17 03:39 PM
http://www.blaser-usa.com/uploads/media/B95_DE_EN_01.pdf

Last half is English smile

Unhinging barrel set
(Only possible with forearm removed)

Press locking lever all the way to
the right and hold it in this position.

Tilt barrel all the way down.
Doing so, the barrel hook is disengaged.
Posted By: Dilly541 Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 04/01/17 03:43 PM
Thank you for that Sir. I tried following the instructions but she don't come unhinged upon opening. I am reluctant to force it. Could it just be the tight German tolerances? Gun seems precision built and ther is NO play in it anywhere.
Posted By: Dilly541 Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 04/01/17 11:08 PM
Tried again but no dice. I wonder if you have to take out the hinge pin? Seems excessive...
Posted By: Gunwolf Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 04/01/17 11:49 PM
Some pictures of open B95, maybe it helps!?:

https://www.waffengebraucht.at/waffen/kipplaufgewehre/blaser-bbf-95-limited-edition--23278

Cheers,
Gunwolf
Posted By: skeettx Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 04/02/17 12:54 AM
And you have tried continuing to move the barrel in an arc down as in the picture 2.2?

Mike

p.s. also read 1.1 on refitting the barrel set, very tight
Posted By: Dilly541 Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 04/02/17 10:57 PM
I tried Mike but it seemed to not want to come apart. It weird as every break open I have ever handled comes apart this way. I asked the previous owner what the trick was and he said he never had it apart. Its super clean regardless. I am stumped but don't want to force it.

Had it out today for a quick test fire and patterning session. here she is...

I re-did the stocks in oil finish. Came up nice. Gotta get the scope dialed in now.
Posted By: Dilly541 Re: Info needed on a Blaser bockbuchsflinte - 04/22/17 12:34 PM
I shot a couple rounds of skeet singles with it. It's whippy and fast and hard to swing through on crossing targets if you don't keep it moving. Next is to dial in the scope and try that set trigger.
I tried once more to take it apart by holding the lever to the right and gently tapping it but it will not come apart. Doesn't seem to hook onto the hinge pin in the trational way. This one really has me stumped.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com