doublegunshop.com - home
I have a collection of collath shotshells. I would like to see some of the guns that shot the horizontal pinfire variation. Some good pictures of how the firing pin hit it would be good too. I would imagine it is a rather wide firing pin/hammer?

[Bigger Version]
This is not what you fancy & I can't say what it might chamber but it is one of the few pinfires peddled by H. Scherping of Hannover and thanks to Wolfgang for stumbling upon it:

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
But you are looking for something akin to the following:

SISTEM BERGER PATENT - RUD. BERGER

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=328240&page=1

Dreyse-Berger-Fürst Pless-Teschner-Collath variant

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Fascinating.I had adealer offerme a regular pinfire not long ago. It was a beautiful gun but I have enough projects.
Not pinfires, but there are two Collath guns at Cabela's Fort Worth in pretty high condition. One a 12x9.3-72 drilling, the other an overunder 16-7x57. The OU has a divided fore end, and the front half moves forward when the underlever is operated. Don't know if either use the special Collath ammunition.
Here's a horizontal pinfire at the upcoming Rock Island auction.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/62/lid/3357
Get a copy of Der Waffenschmied #45, GGCA 2013, "Collath Guns!" from the German Gun Collectors Association, www.germanguns.com !
Nice find Mr. Hallquist:

"Manufactured circa 1862. The horizontal pinfire was patented by August L. Lenoir circa 1849 and utilizes a horizontal internal pin instead of a protruding perpendicular pin. These types of pinfire shotguns are an extremely rare find in today's collector market. The barrels are Damascus and the solid concave rib has a single bead sight and "C. KUNZE IN WIEHE" inlaid in silver."

Curious how the seller is aware of the patent.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
I believe there are a couple of horizontal pinfires on Collectible Firearms website. They are in Houston.
Originally Posted By: kuduae
Get a copy of Der Waffenschmied #45, GGCA 2013, "Collath Guns!" from the German Gun Collectors Association, www.germanguns.com !

Thanks for this info. I emailed them to order a back issue.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com