doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 03:13 AM
Long time since I wanted to pop up the question.

OK, there's the Misfires board here. It is supposed to be for discussion of just about any topic, like what's there to see in Stockholm, is it a good idea to rent a car in Italy or better stick to public transport, whatever. However, each time I go to Misfires I notice that at least 90% of the posts there are dedicated to a certain political agenda. Mind you, I don't question the agenda, or the need to discuss it, or the right of the participants to say what they want. It's just that it discourages me from using the Misfires - I hardly ever visit this branch at all, and I suspect that with the exception of a 10 or 12 enthusiasts, most other users don't often come there either. So what's the point in posting if it's going to be read by a handful of people who are really interested in something else?

Question: is it only me, or are there other members of the board who feel it could be a good idea to leave Misfires as the political soap box and start another free-topic forum for everything else?
Posted By: keith Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 03:28 AM
Answer: do what I do when I see a topic that I don't like or does not interest me. I don't read it.

Here's the rules for topics which belong in Misfires:

"Misfires @ doublegunshop.com - All topics that do not belong in one of the other forums can be placed here: Politics, Gun Rights, Hunting Dogs, Non-Fine Firearms, Non-Firearms etc."

Nothing about renting a car in Italy or sightseeing in Stockholm. But I suppose no one would whine if you asked about those things there. I suppose if you were sightseeing in Stockholm, you might see Obama on his European tour making excuses for trading 5 Taliban war criminals for 1 deserter because we don't leave any U.S. soldiers behind... nevermind about those 4 Navy Seals and an Ambassador he left behind to die in Benghazi... but that would be a topic for Misfires too. Oops! Pardon my faux pas.

Question: Who else thinks what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and Humpty Dumpty's whining belongs in Misfires?
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 04:01 AM
Keith et al:
Lets see if I understand what's posted above. Most members don't go there(Misfires). It's only "10 or 12 enthusiasts" posting there. But on some of the threads there are hundreds of hits. This to me means those 10 or 12 enthusiasts must be working overtime.
The Misfires area is the 3rd most popular area on this forum. It must be ghosts viewing there as it's difficult to come up with another rational explanation!
I'd recommend that the membership here keep avoiding the Misfires area at all costs! It's probably as bad for you as Bloomberg's big soda gulps! grin grin grin
Jim
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 12:09 PM
BELCH!
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 03:07 PM
Humpty, think of Misfires as being the trash bin for the BBS. Most everyone knows what topics are appropriate for the double gun discussion and not. What's not gets filed down there voluntarily. Dave has a legitimate dislike of becoming a censor, which would quickly destroy this wonderful board.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 06:02 PM
I can never understand why people complain about something that they are not forced to read. When I go to Misfires, I can scan down the threads and see if there is anything there that interests me. I've never yet seen a rant on some political topic disguised as a recipe for duck gumbo.

SRH
Posted By: Rick Beckner Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 07:45 PM
The reason that the Misfires Forum was created was to give Italiansxs his own forum and keep him off the main board. For the most part it has been pretty successful.
Posted By: craigd Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 08:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Stan
....I've never yet seen a rant on some political topic disguised as a recipe for duck gumbo.

SRH

Thanks for the little smile Stan. Already long past due to get back out on a duck marsh.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/07/14 09:05 PM
@Stan. "I can never understand why people complain about something they are not forced to read."

Only Mr. Dumpty can answer that, but it has to be safer than complaining about Vlad Putin over on the I Love My...Baikal/Saiga/Toz shotgun over at Shotgunworld. Only thing that'll get you is a severe beating about the head and neck with a billyclub and a couple of nights in a jail cell with Pussy Riot. I could do without the beating, but the time in the slam with Pussy Riot might be interesting.

@Joe Wood. "...think of Mis-Fires as being the trash bin for the bbs."

I like Humpty's own thoughts on Mis-Fires better. I believe he called it a goblin reservation. I chuckle every time I say it. Funny stuff. Maybe Dave can build a fence around it and some of you gentlemen could drive around in your Range Rovers and toss in some beef jerky and blankets every now and then. A couple bottles of good corn likker would be greatly appreciated also. Life on the Rez! Gotta love it!

Hi, craigd! Hope you are well.

Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/10/14 01:25 AM
You guys are a funny bunch, overreacting to a non-existant threat.

I'll try to rephrase the original post in simple plain English:

Misfires is OK with me. The discussion in Misfires is OK with me. I don't want to stop or infringe it.

However, I'd like to have ANOTHER free-interest board here IN ADDITION TO Misfires.

If you think it might be a good idea, say so. If you don't - well, there's a very sound bit of advice in some of the comments: don't like the topic - don't read the thread. Just move on and live happily ever after.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/10/14 01:58 AM
Well, HD, what would you suggest as topics for another misfires?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/10/14 10:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Humpty Dumpty
Question: is it only me, or are there other members of the board who feel it could be a good idea to leave Misfires as the political soap box and start another free-topic forum for everything else?

Well, so far, after 4 days, I think it is only you.

SRH
Posted By: Byrddog Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 12:43 PM
The thing about people that hate is, That I hate them.
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 01:15 PM
I think what HD meant was that there was no place on the board to discuss friendly/personal things like your dogs, hunting, fishing and outdoor adventures, family, friends, things like that. They really don’t belong in the Questions & Answers Forum. However, since the Misfires Forum is so politicized I don’t think that many people feel comfortable putting friendly/personal material like that there, I know I don’t.

Steve
Posted By: King Brown Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 01:40 PM
While clearly against Misfires rules, personal attacks emanate from a poisonous politicization of literally everything posted here. It's not characteristic of Americans or gun owners either because other boards provide information, assistance, camaraderie without foul language, rudeness, racism and misogyny.
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 06:47 PM
king: well said.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 06:55 PM
I opt for leaving misfire as a single page. If you don't like the postings there, don't go there.

As for attacks I always argue for civility and will do my best to avoid taking part in any. I have found more reasons to like the guys who frequent this website than causes to separate us. I understand we do have differences, it is sad we all can't find a way to politely discuss.

As for politics as a subject, I myself generally avoid it as my trade keeps my emotions in check
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 07:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Rick Beckner
The reason that the Misfires Forum was created was to give Italiansxs his own forum and keep him off the main board. For the most part it has been pretty successful.

I just did a quick review of ths guys "contributions" to this forum. Pretty pitiful!
Maybe he'd like a forum on Barbie doll collecting as I expect that would be right up his alley.
My primary thrust in the Misfires section is protecting our gun rights and what to do when there is attempted infringemet. If ANYONE here doesn't like or support this well that's just tough!
In doing so in Misfires I have supported Dave Webers position to keep anything political out of this area other than the approved informational thread.
If I post anything over there you don't like DON'T READ IT!
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 08:36 PM
sxs: what gives you the right to protect our gun rights? if you want to protect your gun rights, then have at it...but, please do tolerate the rest of us to protect our gun rights as we see fit, which may not necessarily be in agreement with your views.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 09:59 PM
I have ed "Mr Torch" above on my ignore list since he never posts anything useful anyway . However; I did take the opportunity to send him a PM smirk
I personally think its a shame Dave ever let him back on here.
Jim
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 10:26 PM
sxs: sadly, you are just confirming what is suggested here.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 10:38 PM
It's misfires! There's lots of political stuff there. What has that to do with other subjects?

What I don't understand is why the political threads would make someone uncomfortable starting a thread on some other subject? If I wanted to talk about my boy or gardening or a great new recipe, I'd do that without a second thought.

HD, perhaps if you want to raise some new subjects, and this goes for anyone else, why don't you just do it.
Posted By: Vernal Pike Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 11:00 PM
Shooting Sportsman forum site has an area for politics, one for hunting and dogs and another for general interest as well as guns.

Why not have this forum create a separate politics/ gun rights section?

Vernal
Posted By: eightbore Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 11:02 PM
Italiansxs's criticism of Rick Beckner's posts is ridiculous. Rick posts on gun related subjects and is very educated in his area of expertise. I just got a firm negative opinion of SXS. Of course, I would be reluctant to criticize pro gun attitudes.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/11/14 11:49 PM
Eightbore:
He's got around 250 posts apparently mostly asking questions. Go ahead and look for yourself. I don't know this guy from Adam but I've done my best to keep politics out of this area and for that I get attacked.
Additionally my primary goal has been to keep everyone informed about attacks on our rights and this has included multiple go arounds with the closet gun grabbers on here who are trying to cause trouble.Again: Anyone who doesn't want to know what's go on has a easy out DON'T READ MY POSTS!
If he's a friend and you want to defend him SO BE IT. But keep in mind he started it.
And keep in mind: he initially teed off on me NOT the other way around.
Jim
Posted By: keith Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 05:44 AM
Several thoughts on this thread which certainly has NOTHING to do with DoubleGuns, and which certainly belongs in Misfires...

First, King Brown tees off with how crude, nasty, disgusting, racist, and misogynist Misfires is. But 98 of Kings last 100 posts were in Misfires. He can't seem to get enough of it. And I'd like to see him show us some proof of either racism or misogyny in Misfires. Put up or shut up.

Second, King Brown's 2 posts out of his last 100, which appeared here on the front page, were in his most recent attempt to discredit the NRA. We get a lot of that from King over in Misfires. That thread, "NRA's Tea Party", was apparently deemed a Second Amendment thread... therefore off topic, evil, and forbidden... and therefore unceremoniously moved to Misfires. So why hasn't this off topic thread, along with many other off topic threads, gotten moved to Misfires??? What is it about Second Amendment threads which upset so many people? The Second Amendment Thread Police apparently cry to Dave Weber to have them removed. Seems to me protection of the Second Amendment is our best assurance of being able to continue to enjoy Double Guns... and any other guns.

Third, like canvasback, I simply don't see what supposedly inhibits big strong grown men from starting a Thread in Misfires on hunting dogs, cooking wild game, gardening, etc., just because politics is the dominant topic. If you don't like the politics stuff... you simply don't click on them. Easy! And not really scary at all!

Finally, I really appreciate the fact that Jim (Italiansxs) helps keep us up to date on threats to our gun rights. I thought Rick Beckner's insult was clueless. Jim really has done his best to keep politics out of the Double Gun forum. I won't make that promise myself because I just can't ignore the Liberal Democrat bastards who are trying their damnedest to take our guns away. Sorry. (No, I'm really not!)
Posted By: shortround Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 11:35 AM
I second Vernal Pike's suggestion.
Posted By: Byrddog Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 06:26 PM
sxs
Your self-centeredness will be the end of you. A man with integrity knows when he is wrong and freely admits to being a fallible human being, as are we all. Do you think you are better than the rest at protecting their rights? Do you take total responsibility for the protection of those rights? I think that some of the others here would prefer that you lighten up and let them enjoy the site.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 06:39 PM
Lets see here:
This guy above has been a member for 3 Months with 36 posts. To the best of my knowledge; I've never had any interaction with him what-so-ever. So he's now an authority on what I post regarding our 2nd Amendments rights in the Misfires area? crazy
Conclusion: He's a Libtard troll and a prime candidate for the Ignore list. Being an "authority" can go both ways.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 07:39 PM
Keith, maybe some of the members are having difficulty hitching up their big boy pants and getting on with things. Like you, while I don't always have a comment, I like the steady stream from Jim.

Agree, disagree, comment or don't comment, I'm glad he's putting the stuff up here. I don't have time in my day to sift through the internet at large. Like the Huffington post, we have our very own aggregator. Thanks Jim!
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 07:44 PM
YEP! the old, if you don't agree with me, you are a libtard... whatever that means...anyway, please give us a break from yo self servin nonsense...

many of your posts are thought provoking and entertaining...but, please try to be more tolerant of the views of others, so we can all enjoy this fine web site.
Posted By: craigd Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 08:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Byrddog
The thing about people that hate is, That I hate them.

There ya go Ed, a little tolerance from yesterday.

I don't keep track, but I think HD's last misfire topic that he started up was about buying a new house. I'd like to say everyone dumped on him, but turned out there had to be a good couple of pages of support.

Similar with adding on new forums. My thought would be, who's got the time, not just to pop in once in a while, but to maintain. Extremely worthwhile, but it could be argued that the last new forum that was created by popular demand has been under utilized.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Stan
I can never understand why people complain about something that they are not forced to read. When I go to Misfires, I can scan down the threads and see if there is anything there that interests me. I've never yet seen a rant on some political topic disguised as a recipe for duck gumbo.

SRH

Stan,

There are some people that dislike the fact that MisFires even exists and that members can "freely" post political and other topics of their choice, like military holidays, dog obituaries, any dog topic, book reviews, religious topics etc..... Some people take issue with anything that does not fit "their" understanding of this board and it's composition and evidently Dave Weber who formatted what you see here......Rather than just not read what they dislike, they take more pleasure in whining it seems.

The main board here, has a couple of motor mouths that have run off far more potential readers than anything ever posted in MisFires, hence all the recent comments about how "boring" the main page has been for the last six months or so.

Jim (italiansxs) posts some information that I like to read, but not comment on and some that I read and do comment on..... I personally appreciate his efforts on all topics and don't understand the personal attacks directed at him on this thread...... Like any thread or post anywhere on this board, in any section, if you don't like it, don't read it, or post something that you consider interesting and see how many people post on your thread.

I do notice that those whining the loudest frequent MisFires often like snoop dogs, just to see what is said, interesting indeed..... Human nature I suppose...?...

Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 09:17 PM

fact is, ah don hate nuttin nor nobody.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 09:21 PM
Re ISS:

Quote:
Conclusion: He's a Libtard troll and a prime candidate for the Ignore list.

Your typical, thoughtful response. But at least this time you got spelling and punctuation correct.
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 09:46 PM
as if punkuation and spellin is awl dat important?

hit aint how he said hit...hits watt he said dats important...
Posted By: nca225 Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 09:58 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
show us some proof of either racism or misogyny in Misfires. Put up or shut up.

I guess commonly referring to the president as the magic negro isn't racist one bit. Nor are blanket characterizations of muslims at all racist. I also figure that the code words tossed up that the unemployed or welfare recipients are lazy and have no work ethic have no racist connotation at all. Yup no proof whatsoever on the misfires.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 10:23 PM
Ed's recent posts do not address anyone in particular. He has a lot to learn about the internet. Ed should address his rants to someone in particular.
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 10:26 PM
nah..ah hates ya awl...

Oh, I'm a good old rebel,
Now thats just what I am,
And for this yankee nation,
I do no give a damn.
I'm glad I fought a ganner,
I only wish we won.
I aint asked any pardon for anything I've done.

I hates the yankee nation and everything they do.
I hates the declaration of independence, too.
I hates the glorious union, t'is dripping with our blood.
I hates the striped banner, and fit it all I could

I rode with Robert E. Lee,
For three years, thereabout.
Got wounded in four places,
And I starved at point lookout.
I catched the rheumatism
A campin' in the snow.
But I killed a chance of Yankees
And I'd like to kill some more.

3 hundred thousand Yankees
Is stiff in southern dust.
We got 3 hundred thousand
Before they conquered us
They died of Southern Fever
And southern steel and shot
I wish there were 3 million
Instead of what we got.
I can't pick up my musket
And fight 'um down no more
But I ain't gonna love 'um
Now that is certain sure
And I don't want no pardon
For what I was and am
I won't be reconstructed
And I do not give a damn

Oh, I'm a good old rebel,
Now that's just what I am,
And for this yankee nation,
I do no give a damn.
I'm glad I fought a ganner,
I only wish we won.

Posted By: Replacement Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/12/14 11:33 PM
Quote:
I guess commonly referring to the president as the magic negro isn't racist one bit.

I think it was that bastion of PC liberalism, The Los Angeles Times, that made the first widely circulated reference to Obama as "the magic negro." We could look it up, but it seems to have occurred during his first campaign to become POTUS, and was supposed to be part of his campaign appeal and strategy. Seems to have worked (twice).

Quote:
"Barack the Magic Negro"[2] is a song by American political satirist Paul Shanklin who wrote and recorded it for the Rush Limbaugh Show as satire after the title phrase was first applied to presidential candidate Obama by movie and culture critic David Ehrenstein in a Los Angeles Times op ed column of March 19, 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_the_Magic_Negro

Quote:
The Magical Negro is a supporting stock character in American cinema who is portrayed as coming to the aid of a film's white protagonists.[1] These characters, who often possess special insight or mystical powers, have been a long tradition in American fiction.[2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

Excerpt from the Times column 03/19/07:
Quote:
Like a comic-book superhero, Obama is there to help, out of the sheer goodness of a heart we need not know or understand. For as with all Magic Negroes, the less real he seems, the more desirable he becomes. If he were real, white America couldn't project all its fantasies of curative black benevolence on him.

http://www.latimes.com/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19-story.html

Doesn't sound one bit racist in that original context, does it?

Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 12:19 AM
whoever the fool is that refers to the president of the united states as "the magic negro" is one sick dude.
Posted By: keith Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 06:23 AM
Originally Posted By: nca225

I guess commonly referring to the president as the magic negro isn't racist one bit. Nor are blanket characterizations of muslims at all racist. I also figure that the code words tossed up that the unemployed or welfare recipients are lazy and have no work ethic have no racist connotation at all. Yup no proof whatsoever on the misfires.

Replacement beat me to the punch with the origins of referring to Obama as the magic negro. Most of us in Misfires despise the man because of his politics, especially his extreme Socialist and anti-gun proclivities. We despised the lilly white Bill Clinton for the same reasons. We also wholeheartedly support Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and respect his views. Justice Thomas, who supports the Second Amendment... unlike you, is black by the way. I, for one, realize that in terms of sheer numbers, there are more whites on Welfare than blacks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you weren't one of them. Any references to Muslims are less critical than your characterizations of Christians, nca225. Radical Muslims, the kind who want to exterminate all of us Infidels are another story. We have no respect for them at all. Strangely, you do.

nca225, you have shown us repeatedly that you have an anti-gun bent and you steadfastly support politicians who would happily strip us of our Second Amendment Constitutional rights. And probably the last misogynist statement in Misfires came from you last year nca225, when you said those vile filthy disgusting things about my daughters. Come to think of it, King Brown was the only one who thought I should forgive you for that. Birds of a feather stick together, eh.

I also notice King hasn't come up with anything to support his earlier statements.

EDIT: Byrddog's statement about Jim was sheer insanity. Jim has never critiqued anyone for not doing enough to support our gun rights. He has merely kept us informed of attacks upon those rights. I, however, have exhorted and encouraged all gun guys to do more. We owe our kids and grandkids the same kind of enjoyment of firearms that we've had. Call, write and e-mail your legislators and tell them that we do not support restrictions on the Civil Rights of law abiding gun owners of any kind. Register to vote and get out to vote this November for pro-gun rights politicians. Join the NRA because it is the best and cheapest gun insurance you can buy. I think it's sad that 4 or 5 million NRA members carry the load for 50 million gun owners. Could it be that reminders that many aren't doing anything to help preserve our gun rights is the biggest reason they hate to see Second Amendment threads in the main forum??? Those who are helping know it, and surely shouldn't feel upset by calls to get the others to help out a little.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 11:12 AM
Originally Posted By: nca225

Replacement beat me to the punch with the origins of referring to Obama as the magic negro. Most of us in Misfires despise the man because of his politics, especially his extreme Socialist and anti-gun proclivities. We despised the lilly white Bill Clinton for the same reasons. We also wholeheartedly support Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and respect his views. Justice Thomas, who supports the Second Amendment... unlike you, is black by the way. I, for one, realize that in terms of sheer numbers, there are more whites on Welfare than blacks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you weren't one of them. Any references to Muslims are less critical than your characterizations of Christians, nca225. Radical Muslims, the kind who want to exterminate all of us Infidels are another story. We have no respect for them at all. Strangely, you do.

nca225, you have shown us repeatedly that you have an anti-gun bent and you steadfastly support politicians who would happily strip us of our Second Amendment Constitutional rights. And probably the last misogynist statement in Misfires came from you last year nca225, when you said those vile filthy disgusting things about my daughters. Come to think of it, King Brown was the only one who thought I should forgive you for that. Birds of a feather stick together, eh.

I also notice King hasn't come up with anything to support his earlier statements.

EDIT: Byrddog's statement about Jim was sheer insanity. Jim has never critiqued anyone for not doing enough to support our gun rights. He has merely kept us informed of attacks upon those rights. I, however, have exhorted and encouraged all gun guys to do more. We owe our kids and grandkids the same kind of enjoyment of firearms that we've had. Call, write and e-mail your legislators and tell them that we do not support restrictions on the Civil Rights of law abiding gun owners of any kind. Register to vote and get out to vote this November for pro-gun rights politicians. Join the NRA because it is the best and cheapest gun insurance you can buy. I think it's sad that 4 or 5 million NRA members carry the load for 50 million gun owners. Could it be that reminders that many aren't doing anything to help preserve our gun rights is the biggest reason they hate to see Second Amendment threads in the main forum??? Those who are helping know it, and surely shouldn't feel upset by calls to get the others to help out a little.
You guys got it all wrong here-- former MSU and NBA great Irwin Johnson was and still is "The MAGIC Negro/African-American- not Barracks Bag Boy O'Bama- that POTUS couldn't lead a troop of thirsty Boy Scouts to a public drinking fountain in Central Park on a hot July afternoon-
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 12:13 PM
i too loath clinton and ob politics. and would be uncomfortable and perhaps uncontrollable if found in the same room with either of them...however, i firmly believe we should respect the office they held and hold, in spite of our dislike for them or their policies. the place to show how you feel and take action accordingly is in the voting both where it may make a real difference.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 05:33 PM
We are members of the revolutionary right, whether you know it or not. We are under no obligation to respect either the person or the office of president. Our president is intent on destroying our country, our economy, and our way of life. In addition, he is a flaming racist and has no place in our society. Please get off this "respect the office" podium. The last two democrat presidents have made a mockery of the office, have used it to enrich themselves and destroy the American way of life and morality. No respect here.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
We are members of the revolutionary right, whether you know it or not. We are under no obligation to respect either the person or the office of president. Our president is intent on destroying our country, our economy, and our way of life. In addition, he is a flaming racist and has no place in our society. Please get off this "respect the office" podium. The last two democrat presidents have made a mockery of the office, have used it to enrich themselves and destroy the American way of life and morality. No respect here.

Here, Here!!!
Posted By: Dave K Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 09:40 PM

Perhaps the best post I have ever read from you !
Well done !
Posted By: Vernal Pike Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 10:02 PM
Excellent Eightbore, excellent!

Vernal
Posted By: PA24 Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 10:35 PM

Outstanding Bill.....and dead on.......

Best,
Posted By: Replacement Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 10:46 PM
Irag is collapsing and BO is off playing golf today? True, or just a rumor?
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/13/14 11:03 PM

I couldn't agree more.
All we are trying to do is keep the membership here informed in the permanent thread in this part of the forum(no opinions allowed) and in Misfires where some pretty spirited debates go on. That's also where all the misinformation that you see everyday in the "mainstram news media" is debunked. For example and I'll just use this one. The occupant of the White House reported on national TV a couple of days ago that there's been "one shooting per week at schools since Newtown".*** Obama obviously got this information from a report put together by Bloomberg's organization(Now how's that for an unbiased source!). The REAL number is far lower, documented over on Misfires from multiple sources and even agreed upon by CNN hardly a bastion of conservatism. If a Conservative President had ever reported such misinformation he'd have been tarred and feathered by the mainstream press. However; I can prettty much guarantee you you won't hear his bogus number disputed on the major networks.
The Internet along with talk radio are the primary sources today to get the truth out as the 'mainstream news media" is a tool of the left wing current administration.
That's why it's so important that these issues be discussed here.
I commend Dave Weber for having the insight to recognize just how importan this is.
Jim

***BTW: This whopper is in the same category as "90% of the guns used in crime in Mexico come from the United States". Every left wing politico and newscaster repeatedly cited this "fact" and even though many of us knew the number was bogus we couldn't get it repudiated. That of course was until Operation Fast and Furious came along and blew the argument wide open. I haven't heard that out and out lie repeated since.
The wackos have won.

This board is officially dead...

OWD
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/14/14 01:18 AM
Time for this thread to head for misfires. Should have been there a long time ago.
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/14/14 01:30 AM
facts are, we, the voters elected clinton and ob twice...that is the way our system of choosing our national leader works. It may not be perfect, but it is the best system mankind has come up with so far. we do not respect these two, but we should respect the office. to do otherwise is to disrespect us all.

hang in there guys, it will be election time soon. then, show ob what you think of him and his followers at the ballot box!

Posted By: keith Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/14/14 04:07 AM

I'll agree with 99% of this. The only thing I disagree with is the idea that we of the right are revolutionary. The Revolution was fought and won in 1776. It resulted in the greatest nation on earth. It is the overt and covert revolution of the Left which is going on right now and it's literally destroying the U.S.

We have a Federal government which was illegally running guns to Mexican Drug Cartels. The Mideast is coming apart at the seams and a trillion dollar investment in Iraq is going down the toilet as Obama takes yet another fundraising and golfing vacation in Palm Springs, Putin has gotten the "flexibility" which Obama promised in his open microphone gaff. Welfare and food stamp spending are at all time record levels. Money from our defense and space programs are being diverted to wealth redistribution and Socialist programs. Over thirty million are still uninsured after ObamaCare and costs have risen. The lower and middle classes have fallen further and faster. The taxpayers are paying for a U.S Border Patrol and I.C.E. that has its' hands tied by Obama as millions of illegals and illegal drugs pour into our virtually open southern border. The I.R.S. just "lost" all of Lois Lerner's e-mails which were subpoenaed by Congress investigating the illegal targeting of conservative groups. In addition, he has targeted the energy and coal industry, and law abiding gun owners.

Respect is earned, not automatically conferred. ed, would you respect the president if he was a pedophile or murderer? It could be argued that murderers and pedophiles don't do as much long term damage as Obama has done. It looks like some of his willing accomplices now want this thread moved to Misfires! When all else fails--- try censorship! I wouldn't be surprised if some of the closet anti-gun Obama supporters we have here aren't responsible for the Spam attacks that Dave Weber has been working on.

Vote Gun Rights in 2014! Join the NRA or buy a $25.00 gift membership for a kid you know. Thanks!
Posted By: Dave K Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/14/14 01:49 PM
Posted By: Byrddog Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/14/14 02:12 PM
Eightbore--
Are you going to start growing your hair man? Everything comes full circle. even "The Revolution"
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/14/14 02:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Replacement
Irag is collapsing and BO is off playing golf today? True, or just a rumor?

The weather is nice. We should have gotten out of middle eastern affairs right around oil crisis of the 70s. None of those countries are worth a single American life or a single dollar.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/14/14 04:29 PM

Here's his current schedule:

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/14/14 11:04 PM

I got a new Double.
It's a Fox CE 28 gauge.
26" Mod/IC, 5lb 11oz.
Who cares about the engraving, bitchin' wood.

Ooops!
Did I post this in the wrong section?

Posted By: craigd Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 12:42 AM
Maybe not, how's it shoot.
Posted By: ed good Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 01:33 AM
WOW!
Posted By: eightbore Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 12:08 PM
Ed is absolutely wrong about our "free elections". If the Republicans legislated free college tuition for illegal immigrants and doubling the value of food stamps and just a few other minor modifications, they would never lose another election. The democrats are using that technique, negating any chance of a free election based on real facts and programs good for the country. Just throwing money at the largest voting block is not legitimate politics. I feel sorry for those of us who don't realize what is happening here.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 12:16 PM

"Democracies always self-destruct when the non-productive majority realizes that it can vote itself handouts from the productive minority by electing the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury. To maintain their power, these candidates must adopt an ever-increasing tax and spend policy to satisfy the ever-increasing desires of the majority. As taxes increase, incentive to produce decreases, causing many of the once productive to drop out and join the non-productive. When there are no longer enough producers to fund the legitimate functions of government and the socialist programs, the democracy will collapse, always to be followed by a Dictatorship."

IMO: This quote ought to be stamped into the top of every desk of every Senator and Representative in Washington. It also ought to be painted in BIG letters on one wall of the Oval Office. It also should be recited by all schoolchildren every day right after the pledge of allegiance!

Jim
Posted By: SKB Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 02:47 PM
who are you quoting Jim? I doubt it was a forefather. I do not believe the term was in use much before Marx wrote his manifesto in 1848.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 02:53 PM
SKB:
This is NOT a direct quote. I used the quote marks because I took it as posted from another source. I've seen this sentiment before in similiar formats but I don't know who originated it.
Additionally I posted it because it coincides with eightbores post above.

Sorry about my use of the term quote and I can see where that would be misleading.
Jim
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 03:14 PM
I feel as though I am shaking up a canister of gasoline, and am about to through it into a bonfire, but here goes.

Was it a founding principle of this website for all members to be assigned to either of two teams, for the purpose of passing some imaginary muster?

Happy Father's day guys. Go out and break some targets.
Posted By: keith Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 04:04 PM
SKB, Thomas Jefferson said this:

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

And James Madison said this:

"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths..."

So it appears our founding father's shared the same sentiment as expressed in Jim's quote long before Marx wrote his Communist Manifesto.

I would think an Obama hater such as yourself would expend more effort confronting the lies posted by Liberal Socialists here. Just saying.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
This is NOT a direct quote. I used the quote marks because I took it as posted from another source. I've seen this sentiment before in similiar formats but I don't know who originated it.
Additionally I posted it because it coincides with eightbores post above.

Sorry about my use of the term quote and I can see where that would be misleading.

Just another example of ISS's extremely careless and sloppy posting. Time to clean up that act or just stop posting things unless they are accurately represented.
Posted By: keith Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 04:25 PM
I just spent about 20 minutes Google searching for the author of Jim's quote and couldn't find it. But it is widely written and repeated verbatim. And it is so true and accurate that I think it's worth repeating even if we can't credit the exact author of it. However, I can state with relative certainty that King Brown didn't say it. Process of elimination.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 05:09 PM
Thanks for adding the additional information Keith.
I have Replacement on my ignore list because his apparent main joy on this forum is sniping at me. And usually that's exactly what I do is ignore his inane posts. Of course like most detractors he has precious little of real value to add here himself. smirk
We all have our burdens in life and if he's the worse I have to contend with I count myself lucky. grin
Jim
Posted By: Replacement Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 05:13 PM
Quote:
...if he's the worse...

I think you meant "worst."
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 05:44 PM
Use worse to compare two things. These can be physical objects, concepts, places, people, and so forth. Ex: "I think eggplant is worse than boiled cabbage, but that's just my opinion"; “Which is worse for your health, smoking or drinking?” •You can also use worse to describe something in a state of deterioration. Ex. “This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.” Technically speaking, you are still comparing two things (one state of being to another), but a lot of the time, one of these states is implied instead of mentioned outright. Ex: “I think my handwriting is getting worse [than it was before].”

WRONG Retard! The only thing I can think of that's worse then you would be to be camped next to a leaking outhouse.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 05:48 PM
So you are not an English major. I think we could have guessed that. I thought I was on your ignore list. What happened? Please put me back on the list. You need to stick to your commitments, and I'll keep sticking it to you.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 05:52 PM
You can't even get your trivial objections to my posts right.
You are like a Gnat that's bothersome. However like most Gnats eventually you'll get squashed.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 06:03 PM
You have a bad habit of posting stuff inaccurately, posting without attribution, and modifying the text of material that you do attribute to reputable sources. That is not trivial. It is sloppy and misleading. Some might consider it a character flaw. I think it's just due to lack of intelligence. Please put me back on your ignore list.
Posted By: James M Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 06:41 PM
The SOLE reason you look for minor errors in my posts is you don't like what I post. Since you don't have the intelligence to refute what I post you stoop to trying to trivialize.
There is NO doubt about who is lacking in intelligence here Gnat brain.
Hopefully one of these days Dave will clean house and jerks like you will be gone.
That will insure you're permanemtly ignored.
You can now go back to what I suspect is your primary pass time which is counting the number of pellets in your shotgun shells to make sure the loaders didn't short you.
With this post I'm done with this thread. I have more important things to do then spar with the likes of you.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
I have more important things to do then spar with the likes of you.

And I feel as though I am engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/15/14 07:38 PM
Of course the concept of democracies self destructing because of Tax and Spend policies is correct. That's why we don't (or didn't) live in a democracy. We supposedly live in a Constitutional Republic with democratically elected representatives. The Constitution is designed to prevent the vote-buying mob rule of a Democracy. Now, since the Constitution is not adhered to, we have the corrupt chaos of any other third-world nation that periodically elects dictators who wield tyrannical power. Of course all of these democrat policies are unconstitutional, you cannot extort freedom from one individual and then gift it to another and call that constitutional. Such an involuntary exchange of goods and services can only be called one thing: Slavery. So, in reality, we now live in a Statist Religious Theocracy, where the ruling party can sociopathically impose it's will on all individuals, rewarding it's followers with other's wealth and freedom, while demonizing, criminalizing and punishing it's detractors by making them pay for it.

The real significance of the whole IRS scandal was that it was religious oppression. A clear violation of the "Establishment" as well as the "Equal Protection" clauses of the Constitution.

It was the sociopathic religious statists unconstitutionally using the power of the government to oppress Tea Party groups who actually believe in constitutionally limited government as well as individual freedom and equality.

The most alarming and disturbing fact is that this traditional American concept of individual freedom and equality is now demonized as "Extreme" and "Hateful" by the statist religious bigots now in power.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/16/14 12:16 AM
You forgot "racial bigots". This thread is not finished. It is getting more to the root of our political problems than any thread before.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Do we need another Misfires? - 06/18/14 02:57 AM
You forgot "racial bigots". This thread is not finished. It is getting more to the root of our political problems than any thread before.
One can be, in our free American society- a racist but NOT a bigot, and vice versa, strange as it may seem---this is a contretemps peculiar to both our English language and culture, to wit: A person may well be a racist because of his/her inbred hatred of a race different than his, but unless he/she acts upon that inbred hatred against that said race (Negro/African American or Indian/Native American for example, as by joining the KKK or the skinheads , he/she is not a bigot-- However, one can be a bigot and NOT a racist at the same time, again, to wit: a person who is an Anti-Semite is a bigot, but NOT a racist, because those who profess the Jewish Faith (Semites)are not members of any racial group. I have discussed this conundrum many times with my good friend from my USMC years, Lennie Teitlebaum, who still lives in Da Bronx, and like me, is a devout Yankees fan--
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com