doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: RgrNo1Shtr Question on G&H Scope Mount. - 06/07/19 08:00 PM
This is a simple question on the Griffin and Howe Double lever scope mount. To dismount the scope, which way do the levers turn? I know the rear one turns clockwise, however my front one is very tight but I assume it turns counterclockwise. However I just wanted confirmation before trying to force the issue. Thanks.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Question on G&H Scope Mount. - 06/07/19 08:56 PM
The levers turn in opposite directions. Try putting a drop of penetrating oil on the stubborn one.
Posted By: RgrNo1Shtr Re: Question on G&H Scope Mount. - 06/10/19 12:17 AM
Thanks for the confirmation Bill. That's what I expected. Yes, a drop of penetrating oil was my next step.
Posted By: OSS Re: Question on G&H Scope Mount. - 06/13/19 03:10 AM
Unless that mount was originally from an M1C Garand... then the levers will both lock or release in the same direction. The M1C mount is all steel (usually serial numbered on the base). Original rings (7/8") for this setup are also steel and the split is offset. Selling in the $2000. range...
Posted By: RgrNo1Shtr Re: Question on G&H Scope Mount. - 06/13/19 09:08 PM
The mount is not an M1C. It''s on a 1937 or 38 Mauser built by G&H. When the mount is engaged on the rifle, the levers face each other, therefore would most likely turn in opposite directions.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com