doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Krag 1902 Ned Moran, Chicago Guy? Vote here. - 05/29/19 03:18 PM
In Petrov's Book II, he covers Russell Mott's loss of his Wundhammer sporter on an Alberta sheep hunt in 1916. Mott then had Ned Moran of Chicago stock another Springfield for him and wrote it up in the June'18 OUTERS BOOK. Mike only had a "copy of a copy" to go by, but he thought Mott's rifle may be done by the enigmatic Chicago Guy. I bumped into the article yesterday and thought it would be beneficial to reproduce it here. Fred should be along to post the pictures. The carving and checkering show up well enough to answer some questions. Am I the only one that sees a somewhat flattened bolt handle and what looks like an odd wood treatment where the locked bolt would rest? Chicago Guy or not, this is what a 1918 Ned Moran stocked rifle looks like.
Posted By: PhysDoc Re: Ned Moran, Chicago Guy? Vote here. - 05/30/19 01:01 AM
Hi,

Krag 1902 sent me a document, I am not sure how to post that.
So I thought that I would print things out and photograph it and post the images. I will do that tomorrow. But if anyone would like to see the article that Jim sent me, just PM me with your e-mail address and I will forward it on to you.

Fred
Same Moran ??

Posted By: PhysDoc Re: Ned Moran, Chicago Guy? Vote here. - 05/31/19 12:24 AM
Here is the article that I received

Thank you bsteele for converting it from a docx file to a jpg file.

I will think a bit before voting.
Posted By: 375whelenIMP Re: Ned Moran, Chicago Guy? Vote here. - 05/31/19 03:31 AM
Great article. Is the location of the rifle known today?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com