doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Las Vegas show - 01/30/19 03:42 PM
A couple comments on this year's show: Exhibitors and audience are aging out. Each year a few more familiar faces don't appear. However, the ones on the scene still make a good show. There were some great deals available. Las Vegas itself just gets worse year by year. It's one giant whorehouse where you get screwed every time you turn around. A six ounce plastic cup of beer is ten dollars. A small cup of coffee and a roll is twelve dollars. If you order a meal you can afford to buy, it isn't edible. I think the show should move to Mesquite or Reno where businesses seem to respect their clients and people of ordinary means can afford to go.
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Las Vegas show - 01/31/19 05:30 AM
Too bad. I didn't go this year after the reports from 2018, and my own experiences from 2017. What Bill says about Las Vegas is absolutely the truth, the new American concept of greed is all pervasive.
As with this forum, I'll have to find new venues for public partisipation, I guess? Maybe the Denver Show?
Posted By: SKB Re: Las Vegas show - 01/31/19 10:30 AM
I enjoy the Denver show. Lots of old friends, overhead is low, more Winchester rifles than I have ever seen in one place, some good stuff usually pops up too. Come on down for the show and visit the shop.
Steve
Posted By: Vall Re: Las Vegas show - 01/31/19 02:39 PM
Denver is pure heaven for me! It's a 19 hour drive and well worth every mile! Cost of a table isn't bad, and lodging and eats have plenty of choices, so still reasonable.
I stopped going to Reno before the fiasco that caused the Big Reno Show to move away from the Grande Sierra. It wasn't a bad show, just not a great show.
Denver is nice because of the size at around 700-800 tables, and it's well regulated, so you don't see all the crap that Reno show has. Plus as mentioned above, I enjoy seeing friends there each year.
Posted By: Buck Hunter Re: Las Vegas show - 02/01/19 03:10 AM
I've been to this show the last four years. 2019 will be my last one. Every year there are less vendors& higher prices. Vegas is a rip off.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com