doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PhysDoc MVACA show this weekend - 07/24/18 11:53 AM
Is anyone here planning to go to the Missouri Valley Arms Collectors Association show this weekend in Kansas City?
Posted By: OSS Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/24/18 02:12 PM
I have a table again after having a great time last year... taking the G&H Bortchardt, a Frank Pachmayr custom Mauser, a Jon. Springer engraved single shot (prize from the 1898 Emperor Ferdinand 50th Anniversary shooting contest)and lots of gun parts & sights...
Posted By: PhysDoc Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/24/18 04:32 PM
I hope to run into you, I know it is a long shot, but my five year old daughter wants a BB gun. I don't suppose you have an old Daisy that you'd like to part with. The new ones look horrible.
Posted By: Vall Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/24/18 07:53 PM
Went to the show many years ago when the Marlin Collector Assn was meeting there. That was 2004 and the same year John Dutcher had his Ballard book printed, and stopped by the show on his way home to sell them at that show.
Posted By: OSS Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/25/18 01:14 AM
I will be set up with Glen Mattox, we have 8 tables... last year we were in the front section about 3 rows to the right, end cap on the center isle. sorry, no BB guns. Last year we hit every BBQ place we could find, going to do the same again smile
Posted By: DanLH Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/25/18 03:36 AM
Fred knows that I will be there as I always have a display at the show. This rime it will be '03s sporterized in Germany, 18 of them.
Dan
Posted By: eightbore Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/25/18 01:44 PM
I can't compete with you guys. Custom early sporters aren't big in our area, unfortunately. Some day, I may put a display of my Oberlies collection at Baltimore. Many years of displaying Parkers, Foxes and other double shotguns at Baltimore is getting a bit boring.
Posted By: Vall Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/25/18 03:17 PM
Originally Posted By: OSS
I will be set up with Glen Mattox, we have 8 tables... last year we were in the front section about 3 rows to the right, end cap on the center isle. sorry, no BB guns. Last year we hit every BBQ place we could find, going to do the same again smile

Will you be with Glenn at the OAC Collectors Show in Oregon August 11-12th?
Posted By: OSS Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/26/18 03:23 AM
Yes... and Reno too. I've been setting up with him for the last 10 years or so.
Posted By: Vall Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/26/18 07:38 PM
I am also setting up at the OAC show, as I have for a very long time. I have trade and display tables. Will be doing a Ballard display by Custom Gun Makers like Pope, Schoyen, Zischang, and AW Peterson.
See you there!
Posted By: OSS Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/30/18 12:48 AM
Good show...met some of the folks here, saw some very nice firearms (DanLH, your collections are amazing & informative), sold some antiques, bought alot of parts & pieces...all in all, very much worth the trip for me.
Posted By: PhysDoc Re: MVACA show this weekend - 07/30/18 11:19 PM
That was fun, I enjoyed meeting you, Clint M and Krag1902,
I liked Dan's exhibit and enjoyed seeing a Barney Worthen takedown and a Hoffman Arms 1903 among other things. I took
my five year old son to the show on Sunday, it was his first gun show.
Posted By: PhysDoc Re: MVACA show this weekend - 08/07/18 01:23 AM
I was on a short vacation, but am back now. Here are some pictures of Dan's display.

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com