doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rocky mtn bill 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer - 04/29/17 02:04 PM
I just got this rifle and am curious about the barrel inscription which may be that of a German retailer. It reads: A.KLESZCZEWSKI, BERLIN W.8. It has German proof marks on the barrel too. Any information most appreciated.
Posted By: Thaine Re: 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer - 04/29/17 06:44 PM
Bill, info here with other links to explore.

Thaine

BTW be sure and click on view the full post towards the top. Pics of that rifle, might it be the same as yours?
Posted By: bsteele Re: 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer - 04/30/17 12:45 AM
I had one of his guns. It was a very early Mauser sporter with a 30" octagon to round barrel with a full length solid rib. It was a .318 bore. I sold it, but I know where it is. I needed an excuse to go see that guy anyway.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer - 04/30/17 11:22 AM
Thaine, thanks for your reference. I learned just what I wanted to know.The rifle in the photos is not the one I have, but the markings seem identical. Bryndon, will you get it back? Over many years I've owned several guns more than once. Cheers.
Posted By: bsteele Re: 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer - 05/02/17 12:59 AM
Bill,
Not likely to get that one back any time soon. My buddy loves it. I sold it to help fund my first custom rifle. I loved the rifle, but I don't regret selling it. We both got great rifles out of the deal
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com