doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Steve Helsley Blixt auction - 06/21/16 04:50 PM
Some interesting stuff including - .280 Ross brass and components
and a WWI Gibbs sniper sight set for the Lee Enfield.

http://www.blixtco.com/events/fine-gun-auction-2/
Posted By: Nero Re: Blixt auction - 06/21/16 09:56 PM
Not the best web site bye a long chalk and you have to persevere to find the auction site but once there well worth a look.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Blixt auction - 06/21/16 11:01 PM
You can access the auction site from Holts home page as well:

http://holtsauctioneers.com

I hope the auction is a success. More opportunities to both buy and sale.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Blixt auction - 06/30/16 02:35 PM
Some auction companies have learned, when running an auction in the outback, or when anticipating a large out of area bidding clientele, good and many pictures are a big help for bidders.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Blixt auction - 06/30/16 07:27 PM
I see some things here I'd like to know more about but don't find any way to contact them with questions.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Blixt auction - 07/01/16 09:54 PM
Well, don't bother to look at the pictures. They won't help.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Blixt auction - 07/08/16 03:53 PM
Yeah I was hoping that the initial pictures would be updated or that they would modify what they have to make the pictures better but I guess at this late stage that is not going to happen.

Posted By: eightbore Re: Blixt auction - 07/11/16 02:57 PM
Nope. One bid on one gun so far.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Blixt auction - 07/12/16 11:19 PM
Just my opinion but without good pictures and descriptions it seems you would want good lift (accessible airports) nearby. Jackson Hole is a great place to visit but I would say that it is not easily accessible for most.

People that can attend that auction or have an advocate there may get some good deals.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Blixt auction - 07/16/16 03:27 PM
No "good deals" with those unreasonable starting bids.
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Blixt auction - 07/19/16 10:25 PM
I, too, found some interesting items, but with no close-ups wasn't willing to take a chance. There was a nice hype-piece in SSM.

I was interested in finding out how the auction went. Go to Holt's, there is no mention of the auction or the partnership with Blixt. It was on their homepage but has been wiped. That made me more curious.

I then went to the Blixt auction site. It indicates that 70 of the 100 lots are available for sealed bids. I'd say that a 30% success rate on an auction is a FAILURE. They have no one but themselves to blame.

owenjj3
Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles Re: Blixt auction - 07/19/16 11:16 PM
High reserves, lousy descriptions, crappy pics, and lots of tired, worn out guns:

http://blixtco.hibid.com/catalog/79521/fine-gun-auction/?sortOrder=2

Some of those guns went through previous Holt's sales. They didn't sell then, didn't sell now.

I'm pretty sure some were out-of-proof, too. Illegal to sell in the UK, but OK to try to stick into Americans over here...

OWD
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com