doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gasgunner Highpower Fun - 09/13/15 01:22 AM
Ben and I shot a local 200 yard Highpower match today. Ben is not shooting rapid fire yet, so he just shoots the slow fire stages. He shoots both the offhand and the slow fire prone stages from prone with a bipod. He does not quite have the strength for 20 shots offhand yet. This is Ben in the foreground and me on the next firing point behind him. He has really taken a liking to the old Barney Worthen Hornet. You will have to excuse the score card. The match director had a death in the family recently and was not able to make it and he had the score cards, so we had to improvise. For those that shoot HP, this score card was shot on the SR target, or the same target that we shoot offhand on. The x ring is about 3" and the 10 ring about 7". He did not do quite as well on the slowfire MR target, but was still able to hold the 10 ring most of the time. I am really surprised by how well this old rifle shoots. Ben's dad shot a miserable offhand but was still able to win the match with a 786-42x. You will notice that everyone else in the picture has an AR-15. There were 2 other shooters using M1 Garands, but Ben had the oldest and coolest rifle at the match by far.

Yep, it was a great day.

John
Posted By: texraid Re: Highpower Fun - 09/13/15 02:44 AM
Good stuff there, thanks for sharing. I cherish the memories shooting and hunting when I was young with my Dad.
Art
Posted By: A10ACN Re: Highpower Fun - 09/13/15 07:45 PM
"Ben had the oldest and coolest rifle at the match by far." Indeed. They should give a prize or a percentage for cool factor. He owned that!
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Highpower Fun - 09/14/15 01:59 PM
Great post. I used to shoot high power at out club every month.
Steyr SST Match and my favorite a .308 Heavy Barrel Garand built by an old gunny from Arkansas. I remember those hot August days snugged up in the shooting coats, sweat running and barrel smoking from the rapid fire strings. Great fun smile !!

Best of luck to you and the young one!!
Ken
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com