doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Checkering tool - 12/10/12 05:51 PM
I've used an MMC power checkering tool for at least 25 years now. I had it overhauled once maybe 15 years ago. Since there is no service available for them now, is there anything I can do, like lubrication, to keep it going as long as possible? At 72 I can't really justify replacing it with a modern tool, but if it fell apart I'm not sure how I'd get along without it. Information and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Alvin Linden Re: Checkering tool - 12/11/12 12:38 AM
BILL: HOWDY! BTW GOT YOUR EMAIL!!! Been busy [We'll talk soon] but a quick tip... Call John Reese at Custom Diamonds in Polson MT. he's A GREAT GUY and will be happy to give you advice, he's having the same problem! 406 883-1465. Tell him I sent you...no he won't hold it against you! HTH Jerry
Posted By: Sydney Re: Checkering tool - 12/11/12 06:18 PM
Hi Bill I am in the same place you are with an old
checkering tool
Please post how you make out
Thanks
Sydney
Posted By: keith Re: Checkering tool - 12/11/12 08:29 PM
Bill, I too have an MMC tool, and I found out what the proper lube is for the gear head and did my own servicing. It wasn't easy to get that information or to find the correct lube. I also recently bought two MMC cutters, a 60 degree and a 90 degree in excellent and very sharp condition for $50.00 delivered. Should keep me going for awhile with my limited checkering.

I'd share that info with you, but I am still repulsed by the fact that you piously lectured us on manners and civility in your post # 300868 on 11/18/12 in the Misfires section, and then you started another thread titled Mental Illness there on 12/7/12 accusing another guy here of having mental problems. I'll share that info on the MMC tool with the other guys at some point, but I won't give it to a hypocrite like you.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com